Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What tank options would you prefer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don’t have the time or energy to monitor how full my tank is, plus it’s black so can’t see the water level anyway. I have a monitor that totalises how much water I have consumed during the day which I manually reset in the evening. My average day is between 275 & 350 but have the odd bigger day with big sheets of glass that take a lot of rinsing. Unfortunately I analyse everything I do to see if I can make something more efficient or cut costs. Maybe that’s a bit overkill but I always over engineer and try to future proof so I don’t have to keep tinkering.
“so whats the problem ? you have a 500 tank if you need it and can fill it lower if you dont, im not sure what you are getting at here”
This is an automated process - I can fill the tank to full (500ltrs) or another fixed level (350ltrs?) nowhere in between. I think the consensus will be that most would just carry 500ltrs so doesn’t apply to my old van. Whereas my new van with the bigger tank it’s a ‘better’ idea as I really don’t agree that lugging 800ltrs of water around is necessary.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

When I fitted a van out for each of the lads I fitted each of their vans with 500 liter tanks. Their vans could carry a full 500 liter tank but it was up to them if they totally filled it or not. Son in law usually filled is up to the brim as he didn't have to come back to base as often - he usually filled twice every 3 working days.

It was based on our experience from the early days. Nowdays we do use less water daily as we don't waste much. Electronic controllers and Univalves have been very instrumental in our reducion of water use.

@spruce did you ever get down to the dewalt outlet near me 

TBH no. But I did get the latest Dewalt brushless motor battery drill when they had a special at Screwfix (and a few other outlets) for £149.99 with 2 lithium Ion batteries. I'm well chuffed with it. The B&D outlet wanted that for a refurbished unit with a year's guarantee. This drill comes with a 3 year guarantee from new when I registered my purchase with Dewalt.

When compared to my old Bosch battery drill with old Nicad batteries there is just no comparison. This Dewalt is about 1/2 the size, 1/2 the weight and much more powerful.

It just hit me how technology has changed. 30 years ago I was working for Bosch when the lastest battery technology was being introduced into power tools which was, according to Bosch a game changer. It was a game changer in the form of Nicad batteries. But the game changer now is Lithium Ion batteries.

I was looking at the price of Lithium ion instead of a lead acid battery for wfp. But the costs are still  just too high, even although I doubt I would ever have to bench charge a lithium ion battery again. They accept such a high rate of charge that I believe my alternator would easily replace the power I use each day on my way to and from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH no. But I did get the latest Dewalt brushless motor battery drill when they had a special at Screwfix (and a few other outlets) for £149.99 with 2 lithium Ion batteries. I'm well chuffed with it. The B&D outlet wanted that for a refurbished unit with a year's guarantee. This drill comes with a 3 year guarantee from new when I registered my purchase with Dewalt.

When compared to my old Bosch battery drill with old Nicad batteries there is just no comparison. This Dewalt is about 1/2 the size, 1/2 the weight and much more powerful.

It just hit me how technology has changed. 30 years ago I was working for Bosch when the lastest battery technology was being introduced into power tools which was, according to Bosch a game changer. It was a game changer in the form of Nicad batteries. But the game changer now is Lithium Ion batteries.

I was looking at the price of Lithium ion instead of a lead acid battery for wfp. But the costs are still  just too high, even although I doubt I would ever have to bench charge a lithium ion battery again. They accept such a high rate of charge that I believe my alternator would easily replace the power I use each day on my way to and from work.

Glad to hear you got what you needed, I was at a mates house the other day and we were talking about batteries and their uses and drills plus the Dyson cordless vacuum and charging rates, maintenance of batteries across the board and my memory kicked in and thought of you, as Google ain't great  and my mate said the unit down my way had moved and was a good sized unit just a little harder to find from someone out of the area  but not far from the original factory as in a few minutes drive due to road access changes 

Back