What Type Of Insurance Policy - Will Cover All My Cleaning Services

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by sdrah, Dec 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Hiya - I've been cleaning private houses for about 4 years - I had a DOMESTIC CLEANING insurance policy . Since June i do window cleaning - and i switched / changed my policy to WINDOW CLEANING .

However - i've got in my van almost everything - carpet cleaning machine , pressure washer etc . In other words i clean what i get - Window cleaning , end of tenancy cleaning etc etc

What sort of insurance do i have to get - to cover me for the variety of cleaning work i do ? At the moment i have a link on my webpage to the insurance certificate - and if a customer who require carpet cleaning - will click on it - he gets my WINDOW CLEANING certificate - and it doesnt look good

Shall i go back to DOMESTIC CLEANING ? or I should get more than one policy ? one for windows another one for carpets etc ?

regards sdrah

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

gleaming insurance is who am with they cover all cleaning businesses

3. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Just ask for a cleaning contractor policy :)

4. sdrah

sdrah Guest

Will i be covered - for every sort of cleaning I do ? carpet / window etc ?

i was quoted 90 quid for 'cleaning contractor'

shall i go for it ?

thx

5. CNS-southwest

Yes you should be but beat to confirm it with the sales agent and make sure you take note of there name

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

As H said, Gleaming insurance covers for all types of cleaning. £15 a month and includes £1M public liability too.

7. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

Read the small print very very carefully and make sure you know exactly what you are covered for. More importantly know what you are not. Some of these policies are not worth the paper they are written on and are a complete take on.

8. CNS-southwest

Or.....ask the sales man exactly what you are covered for, FSA regs mean all calls recorded so they will have to deal with it if they told you it's covered for it

9. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

I read loads of policy's what getting insurance and hardly any covered me for the window I was working on. 'I thought if I'm gonna brake something what's it likely to be?' Like people have said read the small print...

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

gleaming insurance or simply business

insurance is a joke whatever you need it for, work, car, phone...

i lost my phone.. think i left it on table in a restuarant...i paid £13.99 a month for loss theft accidental damage.. but i never got a claim as i left my phone at my arZe?? lol..

Advertisement