Whats The Best Brush?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by sunnybrae, Aug 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sunnybrae

sunnybrae Guest

Hi everyone, I've been window cleaning now for 3 months and need to replace the brushes. The brushes I've got are Vikan ones but not knowing anything about brushes are there better ones out there? Any tips would be great, thanks, Mike

Advertisement
  2. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Gardiners brushes are great. I used to use Vikan but would never go back after using Gardiners.

They are so light (esp the sill brushes) and work brilliantly. There's a vast selection on their website, check it out.

3. Have a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu52YBtYNnY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4. sunnybrae

sunnybrae Guest

Many thanks, the video has given me some ideas.

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I have just used up a sill brush and had to put my standard brush back on for a week while my new one was being delivered.... I sure miss the hi lo brush.

6. sunnybrae

sunnybrae Guest

I placed an order with Gardiner yesterday for 3 brushes - the xtreme medium mixed, the super lite extreme flocked and a super lite radius-sill dual trim medium.

7. Good choice! :)

8. harunh

harunh Legend

how much did all that cost you sunny

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Personally I wouldn’t have recommended buying 3 brushes with the same type of monofilament, unless they are for others to use who you are working with.

It’s easy to answer which type of wfp brushes you will need for work; the first thing is to decide on which brush – this means which bristles / monofilaments.

The 2 basic types are:

A brush with low or non absorbent filament (polyester filament) for regular maintenance cleans is recommended. These types of monofilament are usually finer and are very quick to use. The need for final rinse is also reduced.

A wfp brush with an absorbent filament (Nylon filament) will give you better scrubbing ability as it will retain water, the monofilament on these brushes tend to be thicker and are ideal for initial cleans, the final rinse should always be done with theses types of monofilament.

A third option, and an excellent brush to have as part of your kit, is the Boars Hair brush, the only real choice to use for self cleaning glass, pollen left on the glass by insects, conser roofs etc because of its brilliant scrubbing ability having one of these is a must

Richard

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Good advice mate

Advertisement