Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wheelie Bin for Water Tank.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have 2 reels of 25m's and the 30m goes in the bin. Only take the reels when I know I will use them. Trying to visit jobs before I price them because I have been caught out a few times too many. Difficult jobs get a high price so I don't get them especially when I'm busy. ?
Hi mate, 

I've got a 40m going onto my hose reel, now with the wheelie bin set up I'm thinking of getting another hose to use when I have to get the pressure washer out. I was thinking of 15m do you think that's enough of go to 20m? 

Are you all using normal hoses? I've been looking at getting some expanding hoses or do you think this is a bad idea?

ha, you read my mind
Expanded hoses are for diy and old people who love gardening

My best advice for you is the get decent quality 3/4" garden hose as the water delivery is key.

The more volume your hose handles determines your work flow.

expandable hoses are cheap nasty and small bore in my opinion

Expanded hoses are for diy and old people who love gardening

My best advice for you is the get decent quality 3/4" garden hose as the water delivery is key.

The more volume your hose handles determines your work flow.

expandable hoses are cheap nasty and small bore in my opinion
they might well be for diy and old people but it's going to save a lot of space and weight, I wish they were cheap as the one I bought was far from it. I have two hoses running to my bin, but I may well get a water flow meter to see the difference it makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, 

I've got a 40m going onto my hose reel, now with the wheelie bin set up I'm thinking of getting another hose to use when I have to get the pressure washer out. I was thinking of 15m do you think that's enough of go to 20m? 
I have done 95% of my jobs with 40m hose and had to buy another 30m HP hose for one job because I was too lazy to take it out of my van. In hindsight I should never have bought the other 30m because its in the hut now.

you using a water tank or bin Scottish? 
I use a 240l bin so it sits in my back garden most of the time and doesn't take up any room in my van. Most folk have a garden tap or I can try and fit a fitting onto the customer's kitchen tap as I have a few fittings. Small PW job tomorrow and I like to clean the concrete steps which come up well.

Back