Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

when did gardiner stop free delivery?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don’t blame him for saying what he did. I’ve had a customer object to a two pound rise today and windows haven’t gone up in years and that’s not just few. It’s safe to say I won’t be cleaning their windows again. Everything’s going up at the moment and will continue to do so.

Have you never had a pain in the behind customer that only wants you if its gonna be dry for the next month or always leaves the gate locked or when you did initial quote you well underpriced it so always hate that job so you bump up the price with the aim of getting rid of them or making it worth your while. I know I have, very often and I also fully admit to going to do quotes and when the person doesnt fit in with the type of customer I want be it location, the access to the house or just there attitude then I price the quote very high in the hope they will say no! I'm sure many do cos when I started out on this forum was where I learnt that tactic of doing it ?

I suppose if some of my customers came on here and read that they would say the same as some are saying about @Alex Gardiner that he is putting up prices to get rid of customers. Well of course I am and of course Alex is that's business! And I bet every business everywhere does it in one way or another. I know builder mates of mine will quote double the price of an extension cos they dont want the work for whatever reason
The guy is a supplier, Like I said, I don't care about delivery cost. What bothers me is his cockiness.

Some top brown noseing quoting the very man.  

We've been putting most of our prices up in the last couple of weeks. Only by one or two pounds to keep slightly ahead of inflation. We've only had one not happy so far that we put up months ago. I was very close to dropping her but she's settled to it now.

The guy is a supplier, Like I said, I don't care about delivery cost. What bothers me is his cockiness.

As someone who owns a business and is involved in running some other businesses aswell personally I have respect that Alex or any other person who owns a business or company has the honesty to say why they are doing something. Sensitive people will probably see it as bad or cocky or arrogant and maybe for those people kid gloves should be used and a pink fluffy explanation given so they are not offended! But my preference is honesty and that's what his feedback was in the same way many of us use prices to control our workload or the quantity people order of the product we supply. If you think his explanation was arrogant and upset you  dont ever study how massive companies price there products differently in different areas to try and put off customers from certain social classes! That will really upset ya lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spent near a grand completing my tower scaffold tower to 10 metre high. If I don't buy the rest now then it will be going up very soon. Heard copper hit an all-time high of $10 grand a ton so I'm expecting everything to go up at least 10% soon. House prices are going up and will stay high because of all the money printing last year and again this year. Everyone I know seem to be busy with work but they are struggling to get material.

I think you are wrong Alex is or was a window cleaner and did or does still keep his hand in and his dad was a window cleaner before him, he set the company up to provide what we have today in this industry, the best poles and brushes

imho he put in a way any window cleaner should understand, so I don't see the issue of him laying the facts bare, we do it all the time on here talking about customers, it won't put me off one bit as I totally understand and appreciate the facts and honesty. 

As someone who owns a business and is involved in running some other businesses aswell personally I have respect that Alex or any other person who owns a business or company has the honesty to say why they are doing something. Sensitive people will probably see it as bad or cocky or arrogant and maybe for those people kid gloves should be used and a pink fluffy explanation given so they are not offended! But my preference is honesty and that's what his feedback was in the same way many of us use prices to control our workload or the quantity people order of the product we supply. If you think his explanation was arrogant and upset you  dont ever study how massive companies price there products differently in different areas to try and put off customers from certain social classes! That will really upset ya lol
I know exactly how big businesses price thank you very much. I don't see Ionics or streamline ETC spouting off ? I don't remember saying how upset I was either ? No pink fluffy gloves required here sunshine. Where I come from its called respect and respecting your customers even if you wish to bin them or put them off, What Alex said was very unprofessional in my book . I've been at this game a long time and I have made a very good living . I have employed sub contracted downsized sold work brought work at every point I/ we have treated people with respected. I'm now on the home straight to a well earned sunny retirement in a few years, being rude and arrogant especially to our commercial clients no matter how big or small didn't get me where our businesses is today. Alex is very good businessman and sells a very good product but getting involved in on line chats about losing customers is silly...... Gerald Ratner springs to mined with those famous words I sell ****, but you was probably still in nappies when he said that. He lost his business over night, I'm sure your get your hat and pen and a few sweets on your next order. Just love your utter brown noseing         

I know exactly how big businesses price thank you very much. I don't see Ionics or streamline ETC spouting off ? I don't remember saying how upset I was either ? No pink fluffy gloves required here sunshine. Where I come from its called respect and respecting your customers even if you wish to bin them or put them off, What Alex said was very unprofessional in my book . I've been at this game a long time and I have made a very good living . I have employed sub contracted downsized sold work brought work at every point I/ we have treated people with respected. I'm now on the home straight to a well earned sunny retirement in a few years, being rude and arrogant especially to our commercial clients no matter how big or small didn't get me where our businesses is today. Alex is very good businessman and sells a very good product but getting involved in on line chats about losing customers is silly...... Gerald Ratner springs to mined with those famous words I sell ****, but you was probably still in nappies when he said that. He lost his business over night, I'm sure your get your hat and pen and a few sweets on your next order. Just love your utter brown noseing         
Ha ha I always find it funny people that need to tell you how well they are doing and how close they are to retiring to try and make a point out a suppliers pricing ?  but well done!! And if you regard agreeing with someone being honest about his pricing strategy brown nosing good for you I'm a bit beyond having to say that sort of thing to other grown adults on the internet but if it makes you feel better good for you ?

You seem to have an issue about your age and retirement so as others have commented to your post, I'm also surprised you are so easily offended and maybe would have a bit more experience than to act like such a snowflake but we are all big boys here and most of us can probably handle a supplier making acomment on an online forum about why his prices have changed .......

jesus!some people are easily offended!come on mate! you dont look young enough to be part of the "snowflake" generation!?

Back