When Is A Good Time To Go Canvassing?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by buzzing, Aug 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

Canvassing is the best way, right? I mean it is best to go and knock on doors, but when? Weekends or weekday mornings or evenings? And what type of area should I pick?

Best to have all my gear on me ready to go if they need?

Also, wear jeans trainers and my polo shirt with my company logo on?

Advertisement
  2. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I usually go after 5 wearing my polo and scruffs work trousers or shorts (depending on heat) and take business cards (for the ones that book) and flyers for the ones that dont. I usually just ask if they are looking for a window cleaner ("Hi, I was just calling round to see if you have any need for a window cleaner at the moment") and then if they say yes I say great would you like a quick quote. If they say no I say would you like a quick quote/flyer in case your needs change and if they say they have one I say would you like a quick quote to see if we can save you some money then try to find out what they're paying. If its overpriced, give them your price, but if they're paying a fair price leave it, theres plenty of work out there. At any rate, always leave them with a flyer. They usually want to know how often you'll come round and I say either weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

If you get a booking writd down:
    Address, contact name, contact phone number, date to do first clean, frequency of cleans & price. I use google calendar on my phone but pen and paper is just as good. Try and clump work from one area together on one day to minimize travel.

Speak slower for foreigners, louder for old people and always take a step back from the door after you knock so you arent in their face when they open the door. Also smile! Makes a big difference.

Cant think of much else to add, you just gotta get out there and do it!
    :)

3. harunh

harunh Legend

Canvassing is very good :)

This is the way i see it :

Monday-Friday - 5pm-8pm
    Saturday - No door knocking
    Sunday - 2pm-8pm (same goes for bank holidays)

Target any area mate.... you will hit some areas good and miss some areas badly.... canvassing is good but on 1 day u can pick 0 customers the next day u can pick up 15 customers... next day u might just pick 3 customers ! But it all adds up mate :)

Just wear anything mate... just look casual and smart :)

I just wear a t shirt and joggers... i sometimes wear my adidas hoody or whatever :)

I last week dressed with a bit of SWAG :p and got 10 customers ;) lmaooo

Also.. you asked take your gear with you to clean their and then ? are u crazy mate ? lol u book them in and take all their details from them... i sometimes book mine in for 4 weeks sometimes for 1 week... depending on when am next in the area.... if they ask me can u do it now i say no :) Out of hours for me love

simple as that mate be straight up and u do the talking dont let them do the talking... otherwise your gonna find it hard mate.... be positive and u will do well :) or should i say u will be "buzzing"

Lol ;)

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

H what the f**k is SWAG ???

Is whar you get from burhling somone ??

5. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

i take my gear with me, if im working an area that day il canvass in the same area when im finished, il either do them there and then or book them in for 1 month, that way its on the right day for the area

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Have you any customers yet buzzing? If I was you I would go knocking from I wake up til the sun goes down.. People are still in during the day, some will be working..

7. harunh

harunh Legend

Come on mate

8. harunh

harunh Legend

Mate u got 3 hours to canvass so make the most of it .... U dont want to be cleaning windows in the canvassing time... Canvass an area that is due in 2 weeks and book them in for 2 weeks mate

9. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

yh but like i said if im cleaning in an area and then canvassing the same area then they will be due in 1 month, unless they want them done there and then, in which case i do them and bump up the days earnings, i dont have to cram the canvassing in as i can do it for an hour after i finish each day and almost always get one, slow and steady wins the race!

10. harunh

harunh Legend

fair enuff mate but rememebr u only got 3 hours each day to canvass so make the most of it

Why dont u just drive to the palce thats due in 1 week ? and canvass their.. and do them in 1 weeks time mate ?

Advertisement