Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How often do you change your resin ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

I have a purefreedom RO/DI van mounted system, my water reads about 330 before the RO and comes out 5/6 before the DI after putting fresh resin in it will read 0 but after producing about 2000ltrs is now 1/2? Doesn’t seem right ? I went a couple of months before without changing the resin now only a week or two. Any thoughts ?

Have you checked the reading after your R/O today as may have gone up. What resin did you use. Was it the same as last time?

Have you checked the reading after your R/O today as may have gone up. What resin did you use. Was it the same as last time?
Thank you for replying…Yep checked it and still reading 5/6 before the DI …. I have changed resin from last time to the spectrum one from purefreedom maybe I should go back to the Tulsion stuff?

Thanks Ched, much appreciated. I was thinking about moving booster pump in the future. My reasoning was that water being pushed by the pump would go through the system quicker, but from what you are saying it is pretty much only the membrane that matters, if i understand correctly.

However that still didnt answer my main issue, i think.
So this is the picture of part of my "waste setup":

View attachment 28909

So what im trying to find out is, whether the flow restrictor will work with my membrane (4040). As i was going through the forum last time i've found a recommendation of 1000cc flow restrictor being enough for 450gpd membrane. However with much bigger membrane i doubt that is still the case. Do i still need flow restrictor? Can i just use the valve that is on the top and set in 60:40 position and that would be enough?

Also adding to the pot, reading through the forum ive noticed that a lot of you guys use brass gates (in case i need to change) that are 15mm. Wouldnt that affect the water pressure?

Thanks in advance for your advice and understanding.

Thank you for replying…Yep checked it and still reading 5/6 before the DI …. I have changed resin from last time to the spectrum one from purefreedom maybe I should go back to the Tulsion stuff?
You have your answer, brand of resin

Latest Posts

Back