Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When to Advertise?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

pxlkid

Hi, just wondering if those with experience could advise when is the best time of year to advertise gutter clearing? Looking to start doing it as an add-on to my window cleaning round and just trying to get the timing right!

Usually after a heavy downpour as most people only notice there's a problem when they're overflowing.
Usually it is late autumn into early spring when the majority of ours get done.
Great thanks for replying, I wasn’t sure if it could be a year round thing but autumn to spring makes sense ?

Usually ones will think about it from September through to March time when it’s raining more and shows up problems, having said that we now get enquiries every month of the year but busier in the winter months

I have quite a few during summer time, it's usually jobs where they want everything doing and are big all day jobs, often I split it over a couple of days mixed in with other work. I've just had an enquiry this morning for fascia / soffits, gutter clear, conservatory roof and all windows, jobs like this bring in over a days window cleaning takings sometimes nearly two days so it's well worth it.

Personally I don't like gutter clearing, if the gutters are ok and the gap is sufficient it's great, it's the problem gutters that make it not nice, it's very hit and miss. I continue to offer it though as I've got the kit and it helps get the other work in, also a necessity for clearing conservatory roof gutters when I'm doing a roof clean.

Back