Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Brush? Why?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ultimate stiff with black jets for everyday work, even leaded - I just turn the heat up a bit and with the right pressure it glides over. Universal stiff for everything else (fsg and connies). Agree slightly with the bumper side of things although I find the disintegrate quite quickly (I’m not heavy handed either) I tried using a few layers of electrical tape instead (red) and the bl00dy colour transferred to sills!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Often wondered about the 35cm with 4 fanjets just wondered bout the extra weight over the 25cm think I will try one out on my next Gardiner order.
Its still only 235 grams and they're on sale still.

I bought mine for £20 off another window cleaner that didn't want/never used it.

Its great on domestic work and if your rinsing on it makes light work of hydrophobic glass too.

Its all down to technique, I'm still learning with it. I keep using different set-ups trying to find which is better for different situations. I haven't made any ground with hydrophilic glass as its easy as anything whatever you use, its hydrophobic that's becoming easier as I'm trying new setups and that's where the most time is taken usually.

trying to rinse off the glass with hydrophobic is like peeing in the wind, rinse bars and rinsing on with high flow makes it easier and faster for sure. I have learned with the rinse bar, rinsing on in a side to side motion you create a sheet of water that covers the rinse area. I can also achieve the same effect with 4x fan jets rinsing on in a side to side motion also, a nice sheet of water left behind where you have just rinsed.

A swivel is a must! 

Yes love my swivel that's a must ai was rinsing on with ultimate medium black fanjets

Its still only 235 grams and they're on sale still.

I bought mine for £20 off another window cleaner that didn't want/never used it.

Its great on domestic work and if your rinsing on it makes light work of hydrophobic glass too.

Its all down to technique, I'm still learning with it. I keep using different set-ups trying to find which is better for different situations. I haven't made any ground with hydrophilic glass as its easy as anything whatever you use, its hydrophobic that's becoming easier as I'm trying new setups and that's where the most time is taken usually.

trying to rinse off the glass with hydrophobic is like peeing in the wind, rinse bars and rinsing on with high flow makes it easier and faster for sure. I have learned with the rinse bar, rinsing on in a side to side motion you create a sheet of water that covers the rinse area. I can also achieve the same effect with 4x fan jets rinsing on in a side to side motion also, a nice sheet of water left behind where you have just rinsed.

A swivel is a must! 
Yes love my swivel that's a must was rinsing on with ultimate medium black fanjets with no problems Even rinse on the downstairs windows with the DuPont brush again with the black jets with good results as I have been checking.

Know Dave B was using the ultimate medium soft 35cm and like that.

Could I ask what you guys would recommend for me , complete newbie to wfp, my van system coming next week, so will be converting all my trad work over to wfp over the next month. I already have a gardeners pole. About a quarter of my work is lead. Also, should I go fan or pencil jets...cheers gents

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Personally for average domestic windows Pencil jets.

And as a all round brush the super lite Medium mixed is a great one to start. 

Im using the New DuPont, I really like it.

Ultimate flocked (black brush) for leaded windows definitely 

Then I use the flocked sill brush for gutters & fascias & plastic roofs

Ultimate dupont nice soft bristles but great scrubbing power to shift bird muck etc with ease I have easily dealt with baked on bird muck these past few weeks and spider muck that mono brushes have passed over and not shifted.

I clean black garage doors on new builds and personally I think mono-filament bristles leave light scratches like swirls marks on car paintwork. 

If you always clean the frames every visit then Imo Constructor brush - take time out to learn how to use it properly and use  a good flow , yes it is pretty expensive but haven't worked as fast with any other brush. 

Personally I love the xline rinse bar brush flocked. Good rinsing brush lasts quite a while and colour goes with my business colours lol. Each to there own I suppose 

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had 2 now, excellent brush!

There are some reviews of it on the Gardiner website, take a look.

Its around 210 grams in weight and has held its shape well, even though it's used daily by the wife and she really likes to press down on the brush while cleaning (I keep telling her not to...) It glides very well across the glass and removes muck well too.

We've had 2 now, excellent brush!

There are some reviews of it on the Gardiner website, take a look.

Its around 210 grams in weight and has held its shape well, even though it's used daily by the wife and she really likes to press down on the brush while cleaning (I keep telling her not to...) It glides very well across the glass and removes muck well too.

literally after reading this delivery man has come and sent me one by accident As I ordered an ultimate. Is it not a tad on the heavy side to work with ? 

I now use two types of brush, both Gardiner's. I recently started using the new extreme sill brush with a swivel for regular maintenance cleans. At first I felt it would be better with an extra row of stiffer bristles round the edges. Now though, after sticking with it and also getting used to the swivel, I feel that it takes less effort and is quicker. 

For rough work I use my old favourite, medium mixed sill brush. My son uses a medium mixed sill brush for all his work. He's still not convinced on the extreme due to the relative sparsity of bristles and the lesser splay. We both use 100 degree fan jets, two to each brush as we feel they are perfect for us. 

literally after reading this delivery man has come and sent me one by accident As I ordered an ultimate. Is it not a tad on the heavy side to work with ? 
It's the wife's daily brush and she's dainty.

I think it's 30 grams more, but IMO way more effective. The only ultimate brushes that are any good are the flocked (gets very heavy when wet) and the Dupont hybrid (bit soft though) which I think are being phased out.

The Dupont bristle to me seems more aggressive than the normal nylon bristles.

I would keep hold of it - although slightly heavier these just glide so nice on the glass when I went back to my nylon tucker it felt so rough on the glass haha. Also given how smooth they are on the glass the effectiveness they cut through tough grime makes them my pick for best brush I have tried. 

It's the wife's daily brush and she's dainty.

I think it's 30 grams more, but IMO way more effective. The only ultimate brushes that are any good are the flocked (gets very heavy when wet) and the Dupont hybrid (bit soft though) which I think are being phased out.

The Dupont bristle to me seems more aggressive than the normal nylon bristles.
my bad it was the super lite medium mixed brush I was sent ?

I would keep hold of it - although slightly heavier these just glide so nice on the glass when I went back to my nylon tucker it felt so rough on the glass haha. Also given how smooth they are on the glass the effectiveness they cut through tough grime makes them my pick for best brush I have tried. 
Better than the tucker?

Back