Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which one? SLX or Extreme pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i have an xtreme 47 which is great for high work.....but it only gets used around 10 times a month....so will last me another 20 years yet!?

what happens is xtreme sections 1,2,3 wear thin REALLY QUICKLY when used as every day poles and then snap or splinter from my experience usually within 12 months......of the 6 sections ive snapped only one was because i was shutting a window,the other 5 times i was just cleaning as normal.....maybe im too heavy handed i dunno....

im currently using xtreme sections 4 and 5 and SLX sections 1,2,3 to make a hybrid 25ft xtreme/SLX pole.....?

Had slx22’s for years and after a dicky shoulder issue for the last few years I decided to outlay the extra cost and even though I’ve snapped 2 sections in the last 14-15 months I wouldn’t go back to an slx, I do really look after it too retaping it every month and regularly flushing and respirating with dry ptf spray, I recently replaced the clamps with a set of phantom clamps and I’ve had no black hands since so I’m thinking next pole I’ll be replacing the clamps straight away as the old gardiner clamps felt so rough inside where the pole slides in and out whereas the rubber inserts are so much more smoother on the phantom clamps!

the extra money for the pole has been well worth it with how much extra I made last year from not being as tired or aching using the xtreme, even if I got 12 months paying £550 for the pole and the extra grands I made working longer along with the comfortable nights sleep due to my niggling shoulder problem all but gone has made my mind that I’d go for another but would have to chop the clamps off and put phantom clamps on as they’re definitely wear the poles out less, hopefully gardiner will bring a version out themselves as I hate having to get my slx39 out for the occasional job and hand going all black again with the smart clamps!

Had slx22’s for years and after a dicky shoulder issue for the last few years I decided to outlay the extra cost and even though I’ve snapped 2 sections in the last 14-15 months I wouldn’t go back to an slx, I do really look after it too retaping it every month and regularly flushing and respirating with dry ptf spray, I recently replaced the clamps with a set of phantom clamps and I’ve had no black hands since so I’m thinking next pole I’ll be replacing the clamps straight away as the old gardiner clamps felt so rough inside where the pole slides in and out whereas the rubber inserts are so much more smoother on the phantom clamps!

the extra money for the pole has been well worth it with how much extra I made last year from not being as tired or aching using the xtreme, even if I got 12 months paying £550 for the pole and the extra grands I made working longer along with the comfortable nights sleep due to my niggling shoulder problem all but gone has made my mind that I’d go for another but would have to chop the clamps off and put phantom clamps on as they’re definitely wear the poles out less, hopefully gardiner will bring a version out themselves as I hate having to get my slx39 out for the occasional job and hand going all black again with the smart clamps!
Thanks for the advice. Also thanks to everyone else who commented. I've decided to spend the extra and go for the Extreme. At the end of the day I'll never really know how good it is until I use one. I'll keep you all posted on my reflective thoughts. Hopefully will be here tomorrow.

Great choice as long as you respect it and know that is not as solid as an slx you won’t go wrong but they are more solid than you think, they just wear out quicker but if your doing good money with one then its worth it in my opinion.

i’d rather wear a £5-600 pole out every 12-15 months than wear my body out?

I currently have the Pheonix 22ft hybrid from window cleaning warehouse. I too am currently looking at up grading to the Extreme 22 for daily use.

My current pole is ok, its all i know so hard to compare. It does struggle when anywhere near full extension over conservatory roofs etc. Its so bendy and relatively heavy.

Just wandering if anyone has gone from the Pheonix 22ft to the Extreme? 

Thanks guys.

As other have, I'm hesitating due to the cost and signing up to the fact that from 12months on be prepared on paying for replacement parts.

However again like others have said its easier to replace your worn out pole than your worn out back!

Ok so it's been a few weeks since I made the jump from Phoenix to extreme and oh my god what a difference! Already my back and shoulders are so much better, it's so easy to control and very light. I'm finding I'm no where near as tired at the end of the day and on most days finding I'm doing more work. I brought the extreme 18. Now this is a lovely light pole which does for 75% of my 2 storey houses however the are a few that need that little bit extra so in hindsight I think the 22 would have been the one to go for. That being said I just brought an extension so I'm still able to keep the lightness most of the to.e and just pop the extension on when needed. For those of you on the fence of should I shouldn't I then my advice is you definitely should. I'm just about to order the Extreme 35 now to replace my ever so heavy composite pole.

I changed over to extreme poles a few years back due to a shoulder injury.Since changing my shoulder injury has gone and not returned.

The extreme isn't just lighter it's stiffer which is a massive help when standing back to go over roofs or working at height above 30ft.

Ok so it's been a few weeks since I made the jump from Phoenix to extreme and oh my god what a difference! Already my back and shoulders are so much better, it's so easy to control and very light. I'm finding I'm no where near as tired at the end of the day and on most days finding I'm doing more work. I brought the extreme 18. Now this is a lovely light pole which does for 75% of my 2 storey houses however the are a few that need that little bit extra so in hindsight I think the 22 would have been the one to go for. That being said I just brought an extension so I'm still able to keep the lightness most of the to.e and just pop the extension on when needed. For those of you on the fence of should I shouldn't I then my advice is you definitely should. I'm just about to order the Extreme 35 now to replace my ever so heavy composite pole.
just dont be surprised if your day to day xtreme pole is knackered/worn out within 12 months.......i bit the bullet too and just recently bought another xtreme 25......ive resigned myself to buying a new one every year now....?

an 18 footer is too short for most of my work...i use a 25 footer all day long every day.......

the difference is truly amazing in reduced strain day to day compared to any other heavier pole.....

Back