Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who can recommend an insurance company?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Forget online quote forms. Physically call them talk to them and you'll most likely get better pricing
Jade has now replied with a quote, not much cheaper than Gleaming which was a bit of a surprise as they cover a lot more. Always good to get a few quotes, cheers.

How much were you quoted as a ball park figure Ched
Gleaming £250 and Alexander Swan £200. There is quite a difference in the cover as well, AS is just windy and gutters, Gleaming is exterior cleaning inc PW etc. Bare in mind that we don't have employees but are a partnership so 2 of us - 1 office 1 field. Not sure how office increases liability though. So it's basically just public liability of £1mill.

Again new starter so expect higher premiums to a degree.

Gleaming £250 and Alexander Swan £200. There is quite a difference in the cover as well, AS is just windy and gutters, Gleaming is exterior cleaning inc PW etc. Bare in mind that we don't have employees but are a partnership so 2 of us - 1 office 1 field. Not sure how office increases liability though. So it's basically just public liability of £1mill.

It's not bad but you're done everything correctly and needed ?

Normally your liability insurance premium will be based on your turnover. They aren't going to give you a million liability insurance for a few hundred quid if your turning over a million 
That’s interesting I have never been asked for turnover with insurance, only % wise what work we do ie window cleaning 90% softwashing 7% gutter vaccing 1% etc 

It's not that high considering what you are covered for with gleaming.

I pay around 17 quid a month for 2 million cover with them.

Bare in mind most commercial jobs insist on having a copy of your pl for their records and usually insist it is a minimum of £2 million cover.

Bare in mind most commercial jobs insist on having a copy of your pl for their records and usually insist it is a minimum of £2 million cover.
All our commercial work insist on 5 million cover , I was talking to a friend the other day who was told by one of the companies he does  work for that they are upping there requirements to 10 million cover required to do work for  them 

I pay about the same for £1 mill, I don't need all the cover provided but I need to know that they will cover damage to the item been cleaned which Gleaming do, I clean some very big and expensive glazed units and wouldn't want to get pulled up about any damage whether my fault or not and not have the cover and the protection that it offers in the event of a claim or potential claim

I pay about the same for £1 mill, I don't need all the cover provided but I need to know that they will cover damage to the item been cleaned which Gleaming do, I clean some very big and expensive glazed units and wouldn't want to get pulled up about any damage whether my fault or not and not have the cover and the protection that it offers in the event of a claim or potential claim
It's only about 2 quid extra a month for 2m with them..

It's only about 2 quid extra a month for 2m with them..
Extra beer money though ? I didn't get much of a drop in price when I dropped mine from 5 mill down to 1 mill I think I was paying £25 a month but just didn't need it anymore. 

Latest Posts

Back