Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Will a 800 litre tank fit in a medium wheel base peugeot expert

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cameron12422

Hi looking at getting a peugeot exper 2018 mwb and wanted am 800 litre tank as a minimum as never want to run out of water. Would this Size tank fit and be suitable.
Thanks

Look at it this way @cameron12422

If you are using microbore hose, the most you are going to get is 1.5 lpm of water thorough the reel hose. The jets, especially if they are fan jets, are going to throttle that a bit.

If you are going to work 8 hours a day, the very most your pump will be working is 4 hours. Let's say 5 hours for the math. That's 450 litres.

If you choose minibore hose, then you will use a bit more.
Yesterday we worked for 4 & 1/2 hours. Both of us used about 300 litres in total. We had a first clean that was filthy, but per hour this is about our average daily consumption.

We have one reel of minibore and one reel of microbore on the van.

When you first start window cleaning you will use more water per clean, but then you also don't do that many cleans a day as you are still growing your business. When you get to the second or third clean, you will use less water than you did to begin with.

I have a Peugeot Boxer 333. It's payload is around 1300kgs. I have a 650 litre tank in it. With myself and my son, around 500 liters of water, full tank of diesel, step and roof ladders, roof bars, tow bar, diesel heater, 2 hose reels, poles and other odds and ends , I'm just on the maximum payload.

Back