Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Will using an SLX 18 speed up my work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well done! Enjoy your new pole. Thanks for the update. It's great to be able to follow your progress.

Rooting for you. ?
Cheers Dave!

I will be around and keeping anyone interested up to date! 

i won’t be one of these who turn up looking for answers, offers nothing back and disappears!  ?

Morning everyone.

I'm currently using a second hand CLX 27 for all of my work. I’m thinking of getting a 18ft pole to use for the majority of my work. Do you think getting an SLX will speed my work up? Or just get a CLX 18 - 22.  

Ive spent hours looking and researching.

Ive only been at this 4 months but growth is good so maybe it’s time for a new smaller pole, especially for them tight spaces. 

Thanks for your advice in advance 
Just read this so probably too late, I expect you have made your choice.  I used a CLX for a few years. Only had one pole. The I had a brainwave, and got an SLX 18. What a difference. The SLX 18 was so much gentler on my body and I felt far less tired at the end of the day. I found the SLX 18 would reach 90% of my work. Then a couple of years later I had another brainwave and purchased an XTREME 25. This is a dream to use. So light and it enables me to reach 98% of my work so I hardly ever need to get out my XTREME 35 which is the main other pole that I use.  The XTREME 25 makes so many of my jobs simpler as for example, with the SLX 18 I would have to work between cars on office buildings working at an angle rather than with a vertical pole. The XTREME 25 simply takes the cars out of the equation and make the job much less effort and strain on the arms and shoulders. The XTREME is more expensive of course, but every day I am thankful that I invested in it.

I used to use slx22 great pole very universal and a big upgraded ? now days I use extreme 18 and extreme 25 with being full to capacity and arthritis makes the day and lot more easier for this old fella lol. 

Did my first 2 years with an slx 25 which did everything, then 12 months ago I deliberated over an extreme 18 but was concerned about the longevity of it against investment so I bought a slx18 and the difference it made was brilliant  I use it 95% of the time and will only use the 25 for the windows I need, I'd rather walk a good distance back to my van and swap over.

Just read this so probably too late, I expect you have made your choice.  I used a CLX for a few years. Only had one pole. The I had a brainwave, and got an SLX 18. What a difference. The SLX 18 was so much gentler on my body and I felt far less tired at the end of the day. I found the SLX 18 would reach 90% of my work. Then a couple of years later I had another brainwave and purchased an XTREME 25. This is a dream to use. So light and it enables me to reach 98% of my work so I hardly ever need to get out my XTREME 35 which is the main other pole that I use.  The XTREME 25 makes so many of my jobs simpler as for example, with the SLX 18 I would have to work between cars on office buildings working at an angle rather than with a vertical pole. The XTREME 25 simply takes the cars out of the equation and make the job much less effort and strain on the arms and shoulders. The XTREME is more expensive of course, but every day I am thankful that I invested in it.
The xtreme would be lovely to have! But I’m only 4 months into this journey so it has to be baby steps for now so I don’t over extend myself. Great bit of info though, thank you!

Cheers BWC, I find it very interesting to see progress being made, it certainly gives me a lift. You'll be well able to pass on your experience and offer sound advice on the forum in no time as you gain confidence with your technique and equipment. ??

I used to use slx22 great pole very universal and a big upgraded ? now days I use extreme 18 and extreme 25 with being full to capacity and arthritis makes the day and lot more easier for this old fella lol. 
One day I’ll get there Den! Hopefully feeling like an old fella is a few years away yet though! ?

Arthritis must be a tough doing mate. Spring's around the corner and you'll be able to get out in your campervan. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully use it more than the couple times I did last year lol, 

If I looked after myself years go I wouldn’t be paying the price now ? I could use a Slx but by us8ng the extremes hopefully future proofing myself to be able to carry on a for as long as I can. 

Cheers BWC, I find it very interesting to see progress being made, it certainly gives me a lift. You'll be well able to pass on your experience and offer sound advice on the forum in no time as you gain confidence with your technique and equipment. ??
I’m enjoying the organic growth through word of mouth and recommendations. I’m getting some beautiful houses in beautiful areas and I got the knack pretty sharpish for spotting bad customers from a mile off. I’m quoting high prices for my work and yet to loose a quote I’ve given! The 5 star reviews are flowing in which helps too! I take an iPad with me with all of my before and after pictures of previous work, insurance details etc to show the premium standard of work they’re getting but as a few have stated to me on here I’m limiting their expectations on what can be done which always leads to me exceeding their expectations when I’ve finished! I’m really happy I decided to go for it, spent all them hours researching and practicing! Still to see decent weather yet as I started end of September, want to grow enough to get a van and build up a real solid business! (As I’m sure everyone starting does)

Hopefully use it more than the couple times I did last year lol, 

If I looked after myself years go I wouldn’t be paying the price now ? I could use a Slx but by us8ng the extremes hopefully future proofing myself to be able to carry on a for as long as I can. 
A mate of mine uses CBD oil for his arthritis after a recommendation from his doctor. He says it worked wonders for him. He is always hungry/happy/sleepy now though?! ?‍♂️ ? ?

Regardless of the pole you have 5he right ingredient enthusiasm and drive with the confidence to present a professional manner, I’m sure you will go forward at a rapid rate ?

Well said Den. I agree completely. A positive attitude is essential and also deeply caring about doing the best possible job for each customer. And if a customer doesn't appreciate you don't take it personally and don't react, there are plenty out there that will.

Just a further update on the SLX 22 for anyone who may stumble across this topic interested in these poles. I am reaching the top floor windows with it! I’m 5’9 so not a giant. Very happy ??

82CB1D1F-29F9-4187-B319-479B41671A9A.jpeg

Just a further update on the SLX 22 for anyone who may stumble across this topic interested in these poles. I am reaching the top floor windows with it! I’m 5’9 so not a giant. Very happy ??

View attachment 19559
Well done mate. Thought you'd like the 22. Delighted for you. Thanks for the update, It's great seeing your progress. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done mate. Thought you'd like the 22. Delighted for you. Thanks for the update, It's great seeing your progress. ??
When funds are available get yourself a 35’ as I have a few town houses with one or two skylights and the 25’ just wouldn’t reach you can charge an extra £5 to £10 for a couple of more minutes work ?

When funds are available get yourself a 35’ as I have a few town houses with one or two skylights and the 25’ just wouldn’t reach you can charge an extra £5 to £10 for a couple of more minutes work ?
That will be next on my list for poles!

Back