Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning customer price increase

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't intend any rises now and just work a bit faster. Folk even give me tips by rounding up £8 or £9 to a tenner. Getting asked to do many small jobs which I like to do when I finish cleaning an area. Got asked to clip on lights along the gutter today but managed to change it to next month as I don't think the neighbours will be to enamoured. What I have noticed is the housing market has fallen off a cliff. Houses that should sell in less than a week are still up for sale after a week now. ?
I don’t understand how anyone has jobs under a tenner nowadays anyway
No matter where you are based
I have a minimum of £15 nowadays but that is near London but anyone should be able to get a tenner

This is what I have been sending to customers and even did some last weekend
I am constantly looking at my prices and raise them every couple of years area by area during the year

Dear Customer,
Due to the current cost of living we will be increasing your current price of services by £_ , this will take effect from your next clean and your new price will be £_. I have tried to keep this to an absolute minimum.
Thanks for understanding
Dave.

I don’t understand how anyone has jobs under a tenner nowadays anyway
No matter where you are based
I have a minimum of £15 nowadays but that is near London but anyone should be able to get a tenner

This is what I have been sending to customers and even did some last weekend
I am constantly looking at my prices and raise them every couple of years area by area during the year

Dear Customer,
Due to the current cost of living we will be increasing your current price of services by £_ , this will take effect from your next clean and your new price will be £_. I have tried to keep this to an absolute minimum.
Thanks for understanding
Dave.
Don't forget that Jeremy Hunt slunk in two tax increases in his autumn budget that could come into effect in March and affect us
The first was an increase in fuel duty and the second was a Transit van tax for anyone using their van for any personal use whatsoever. Not sure how they will police that one.

There are still areas in the North East that are resistant to price increases. It's only just of late that I have been able to break through the £10 price barrier. There are poorer estates and villages to the east of us where people still expect to have their 3 need semi windows cleaned for £5. We don't clean in those areas. I'm sure there are areas in Middlesbrough and surrounds (ie. South Bank) which are the same.

Last edited:
I've been putting my prices up by 10% during the last few weeks.
I've had a few cancellations due to "cost of living" but strangely, they have all been houses where I haven't yet put the price up.

The only custys I have trouble with upping the price wit, is those that are super nice and get me loads more customers but we are business men and women who are running business`s so must up our prices regardless.

Back