Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning in winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Oliver was here today servicing my hotwater system. I was asking him about electric vans and the use of thermal heating from their batteries. He told me at the moment its no good because it drain's the battery. I thought that was the electric idea out the window but not atall. He was saying he is fitting a hotwater system into electric vans by the use of an ancillary diesel tank for the Webasto heater. That means my electric van dream is still on because it would save me at least £200 a month on fuel and no road tax.
Would like to know more as i think electric is the way things are going…….

Electric vehicles in my opinion are a placebo concept.

I get that the demand on fossil fuels will be lower causing less pollution however the production demand on electricity will be higher driving up prices.

EV is so expensive and many in the lower 10% of population can't afford a new shiny vehicle.

I personally think we are late to the party, EV use goes back to early world war two with the use of Uboats and even American car production in the mid to late 30s.

We as a country are quite small with our pollution output compared to India, China & Russia.

Government initiatives and various schemes promoting EV use don't work in many areas and charging points are hard to find.

If EV was that good why doesn't downing Street have EV vehicles?

We need more Bio fuel fuel not power stations

Electric vehicles in my opinion are a placebo concept.

I get that the demand on fossil fuels will be lower causing less pollution however the production demand on electricity will be higher driving up prices.

EV is so expensive and many in the lower 10% of population can't afford a new shiny vehicle.

I personally think we are late to the party, EV use goes back to early world war two with the use of Uboats and even American car production in the mid to late 30s.

We as a country are quite small with our pollution output compared to India, China & Russia.

Government initiatives and various schemes promoting EV use don't work in many areas and charging points are hard to find.

If EV was that good why doesn't downing Street have EV vehicles?

We need more Bio fuel fuel not power stations
I think the idea is that wind and solar will be much cleaner. There are huge wind power farms at sea, here in the north west. There's no going back now. The oil giants have had politicians in their pockets for years. It's like anything else, with mass production, the prices will come down, and the vehicles will get better and the batteries will get smaller. The same happened with mobile phones, at first they were used by a few, and now there's probably more phones than people in the country...

But if the van costs another £20k there's no saving. If everyone switches to electric what do you think will happen to electricity prices. Those additional costs apply to your house as well 
Aye, but here's the thing. Folk can fit as many solar panels to there roof as they like. Then you install batteries to store the juice. It's alot of money at the beginning but pays off well in future. I bought a 4kw system for £12.5k in 2011 and get £1500 back each year so its paid off. I'm getting 20kw a day just now but most goes back to grid as I can't store the stuff with batteries. In the end one needs to be rich to install this stuff at the beginning but in the long-term it pays off. That's why the rich get richer because they have the money to install an efficient system. When the politics kicks in then there's not much one can do but follow it.

But if the van costs another £20k there's no saving. If everyone switches to electric what do you think will happen to electricity prices. Those additional costs apply to your house as well 
There was a discussion on Radio 2 the other day, what I listened to not once was it mentioned about how much the charging cost would be. 

Clean them, to get the return they quote you need to get  them cleaned twice a year.
Really hot day a few years ago my mates inverter blew up. Panels can return 130% on really hot days and damage the inverter. It cost my mate a grand for a new inverter. Heard they were making panels like egg boxes so the sunlight will bounce around inside but that was many years ago but don't think it took off.

Latest Posts

Back