Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Pole choice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So.......guess who put a deposit down on a Ionics system two weeks ago. ???

I'll keep all this in mind. I'm too late to change my mind, but my specification for a system was deliberately simple so as if I did have problems I could rectify them. It's a cold water, DI only, Pure2O system. The most complicated part is the electric reel but thats a Waterworks 3D (well probably the B2B, actually). I'm sorry you've had such a bad time with them. It is annoying when companies just don't wanna know, had that with another in the past. Thanks for passing all this on, though. I'll be sure to check the system over thoroughly before signing and driving off. 

And yeah mate, if its good customer service you're after you can't beat Gardiner, and their equipment is second to non in my humble opinion!
To be fair, it may of been a one off, saying that i have heard mixed messages about IONICS and this was after i had the issues with them.

I probably would of stayed with them as a customer had it not been for their total lack of professionalism (in my opinion) but it had to come to this in order for me to see how mistreated i felt.

£12k later (Thermopure system) and i was gutted i didn't shop around beforehand but you live and learn, I've been window cleaning for near 25 years, pole system around 15 years and am probably a little too trusting of companies such as these.

You have a cold system so i cannot foresee any issues occurring, my advise is if you start to get any then get it dealt with and make a log of it asap, my system worked fine on the cold feed it was just the hot feed i had issues with.

Best of luck and keep me informed on how you find the system you purchased.

Hi Phil

i don’t think anybody is making judgements or assessing your standards. Just offering help. It’s a great forum I have had a lot of help from these kind guys. 
You must be strong to work with a 40ft pole everyday, may I ask how do you manage down the sides of conservatory’s with that pole? I sometimes struggle with the 22ft. You can’t beat Gardiners for quality, and customer service. So many brushes too, you will be spoilt for choice. Happy shopping. Welcome to the forum. 
Hi Mate,

My work varies, when the pole is housed to it's smaller length i don't really notice the weight, even when i have it at various lengths i am so use to working this way that once i purchase a Gardiner pole I'll kick myself that I didn't change poles sooner in my window cleaning time.

Once I make the shift across to the light away from the Dark side and purchase a Gardiner i'll let you know.

All the best

To be fair, it may of been a one off, saying that i have heard mixed messages about IONICS and this was after i had the issues with them.

I probably would of stayed with them as a customer had it not been for their total lack of professionalism (in my opinion) but it had to come to this in order for me to see how mistreated i felt.

£12k later (Thermopure system) and i was gutted i didn't shop around beforehand but you live and learn, I've been window cleaning for near 25 years, pole system around 15 years and am probably a little too trusting of companies such as these.

You have a cold system so i cannot foresee any issues occurring, my advise is if you start to get any then get it dealt with and make a log of it asap, my system worked fine on the cold feed it was just the hot feed i had issues with.

Best of luck and keep me informed on how you find the system you purchased.
Yeah I've had a few mention they've heard not so good things, but yours in the first actual experience. We'll have to wait and see. I am hoping yours is a one off, though I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

That is brutal mate, I'm sorry! Have you looked at Grippa or PureFreedom? They've both been highly recommended on here.

And I shall do, just waiting to hear on a install date. Been told its a 5 week lead-time so hoping it falls beginning of September as then I don't need to move much work around, plus I can get a mini-holiday out of it (will go see friends in Wales, if I'm allowed, lol!)

Hi Mate,

My work varies, when the pole is housed to it's smaller length i don't really notice the weight, even when i have it at various lengths i am so use to working this way that once i purchase a Gardiner pole I'll kick myself that I didn't change poles sooner in my window cleaning time.

Once I make the shift across to the light away from the Dark side and purchase a Gardiner i'll let you know.

All the best
May want check out the extreme if you only use the one pole. Takes a lot more maintenance but they are ridiculously light!

Yeah I've had a few mention they've heard not so good things, but yours in the first actual experience. We'll have to wait and see. I am hoping yours is a one off, though I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

That is brutal mate, I'm sorry! Have you looked at Grippa or PureFreedom? They've both been highly recommended on here.

And I shall do, just waiting to hear on a install date. Been told its a 5 week lead-time so hoping it falls beginning of September as then I don't need to move much work around, plus I can get a mini-holiday out of it (will go see friends in Wales, if I'm allowed, lol!)

May want check out the extreme if you only use the one pole. Takes a lot more maintenance but they are ridiculously light!
Got three extremes and never had an issue with them nor has anyone on this forum so I'll be sticking with Gardiners till something happens. I just wish they could make new lighter brushes alot quicker in future.

Not sure anyone else has mentioned them, but I bought a Facelift Phantom 18ft and have to say it's an amazing pole, to the point I think I may prefer it to my SLX-18. Love the clamps on it and not once had an issue with spinning, it's coming up to a year old now and I can't fault it.

Not sure anyone else has mentioned them, but I bought a Facelift Phantom 18ft and have to say it's an amazing pole, to the point I think I may prefer it to my SLX-18. Love the clamps on it and not once had an issue with spinning, it's coming up to a year old now and I can't fault it.
Wondered if its possible to make the poles of a hexagon shape to prevent spinning?

They would be a lot stronger as well. ?

Hi everyone

Justgoing out to work in a while.weather warning could be lightning.Iam not sure if my Gardiner SLX 18 is insulated or not?due to conflicting info, any one Know for shure.Answers within the next 3/4hr please,cause iam going out to work then.Obviosly not shure if i ll be here to read answers ,this eavening Chears or goodbye

Hi everyone

Justgoing out to work in a while.weather warning could be lightning.Iam not sure if my Gardiner SLX 18 is insulated or not?due to conflicting info, any one Know for shure.Answers within the next 3/4hr please,cause iam going out to work then.Obviosly not shure if i ll be here to read answers ,this eavening Chears or goodbye
Hi DG

As the product page says - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/slx-18.html - Base Handle Section has Outer Insulated Layer for Safety

However I would not advise working in lightning as even with an insulated handle section the lightning could still travel down the pole if the pole is wet.

Our approach is to get out there but stop if it does actually start lightning, I don't feel it's worth the risk and where I live it doesn't ever last long.

Hi everyone

You have more chance of touching a non-insulated overhead power supply line that is still in use in older properties than being struck by lightening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was doing a clean tother day,started looking very ominous weather wise.I got abit way layed,replacing a bit of renderfor the custy,I carried on then cleaning and the heavens opened right up.I wasnt going to stop as i was halfway through.kept thinking what people saying,yes you can clean in the rain(light rain)Dont think i,ll get any walk ups in that road,i must have looked a complete nut case it was hamering down,water pouring of my shell jacket onto my trousers, i was soaked,had a smile on my face though,pleased to suffer for my art.Got paid went home ,got in a bath

Oh ok wont use a pole in lightningThank you Alex

Was doing a clean tother day,started looking very ominous weather wise.I got abit way layed,replacing a bit of renderfor the custy,I carried on then cleaning and the heavens opened right up.I wasnt going to stop as i was halfway through.kept thinking what people saying,yes you can clean in the rain(light rain)Dont think i,ll get any walk ups in that road,i must have looked a complete nut case it was hamering down,water pouring of my shell jacket onto my trousers, i was soaked,had a smile on my face though,pleased to suffer for my art.Got paid went home ,got in a bath

Oh ok wont use a pole in lightningThank you Alex
No, no, no,no. The guy who waters his garden in the pouring rain is a nut case.

You are educating anyone watching that there is no issue cleaning windows in the rain wfp.

The heavens open up just as I started a new clean. I worked through the rain getting soaked in the process. The problem was wet van seats driving home with wet clothes. It took ages the dry those seats out.

I went back to the customer the next day to check the result. She didn't even know it had bucketed down. The windows were perfect.

I’m with the Gardiner SLX 22 lot. I rarely need anything else. I’m not nearly as experienced as some of these guys but that’s what I’ve found so far

I’m with the Gardiner SLX 22 lot. I rarely need anything else. I’m not nearly as experienced as some of these guys but that’s what I’ve found so far

My last pole was an slx22 which lasted 9 years. The sections had a couple of coats of engine lacquer sprayed on them periodically.

I was really in 2 minds about staying with an slx22 or going to an slx27. I was concerned about the extra weight and the larger diameter base section. I got used to the extra weight, but the larger diameter base section doesn't feel comfortable for me.

The extra reach has meant that I use the slx40 much less a month, so that's a plus.

I was working with my son's slx25 the other day and for me, that was more comfortable to hold as the base section is the same diameter as my old slx22.

Back