Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wing Spade Jubilee Clips For Worn Poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brookswcservices

Just thought i`d throw this in here, last year my pole started slipping on sections and as a lot of you know eventually you just cant tighten them anymore, mine is a cheap 30ft Bayersan Impressor, £130 delivered off ebay. Now the right thing to do would be to either replace the section clasps or whatever there called or just buy a new pole. At the time I was really strapped for cash and couldnt afford either, my girfriend came up with the idea of putting elastic bands around the sections tightly, it worked but was pain rolling them up and down, so i try`d normal Jubilee Clips, they also where a pain because you needed a screw driver on you all the time..So instead i found some different sized Wingspade Jubilees on Ebay and used them to adjust the pole length..Cost around £6.00 all in and what a treat they were and still are! 12 months down the line and im still using them with no problems, takes about 10 seconds longer to get the pole up to the window, but thats about it, i just put spray grease in them every week to keep them smooth..a drip does it.. Yeh so..hope this helps someone else out..an easy and cheap fix for a worn down slipping pole. B)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=wingspade+jubilee&_sacat=0&_from=R40

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just buy clear car lacquer from like halfords. All you are doing is making the poles thicker

Just watched my dad do an slx 22 it works a treat. Depends on how your pole clamps down. But on the Gardiner range it's perfect.

Been doing it on a new slx pole. It's nearly a year old and looks brand new!!!!! As any scratches are on the the clear lacquer.

Back