Winter prep

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by monkeyman, Oct 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

DSC_0650.JPG DSC_0648.JPG Almost finished. Just the roof's to do. Stock up on paraffin and I'm ready.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

If I ever get a trolley, this is how I want to set up. Interested to see how it works out. What the paraffin for, a heater?

3. monkeyman

Yes. Green house heaters. Figured the smaller the space the better. If it does freezer with this set up. I'm thinking it will be to Cold to clean anyway. Fingers crossed.

4. TolishAPurd

I reckon you will be very pleasently surprised with that setup. I've see them on tv cook a whole chicken with nothing but a lightbulb in a small oven made of celotex/kingspan. Make sure you also insulate the small joints and things as they act as thermal bridges. For any holes you can squirt expanding foam in too as its pretty much the same stuff.

Good job matey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. monkeyman

Expanding foam. Good idea. Thanks

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

lad i know has an old double mattress ,inside a plastic bag , laying over his shed roof. swears its a fantastic insulator

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

8. PTWC

PTWC Guest

Nice job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Good job, I had one of those sheds(storing toys), mega winds pulled the lid of it, had to put bolts in on hinges, if you can design something that holds the lid down at edges and not just rely on the plastic padlock part, mines ripped out and broke the plastic, think I put a rope across from one side to the other to secure it attached to wooden base that I made. ( dont mean to be all gloom and doom, just a headsup):)

10. monkeyman

Cheers, I would rather be told and do something about it than find the lid down the road one morning.

Advertisement