Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wireless Remote Controllers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RC - If you make a controller I will have one and am happy to wait.

RC - how did you get CRB checked as it is not possible to request a cheque as an individual (or at least it wasnt)
not sure it will work with other controllers etc untill testing, but could be a month before i find out from results.

the only way a self employed person can get a crb check is use a scottish disclosure, its only a basic one.

Hi i would want £45 inc postage as its £60 inc vat and postage new.
They dont come boxed, just in a bubble wrap bag.

it is complete and unused, with instructions etc. I can give you a photocopy of purchase invoice for warranty purposes as well /emoticons/smile.png
Sorry, forgot to reply, how rude!

If you still have it I'll take it

Just signed in and saw this. Spooky.

I will send you a pm soon.

Just got up. Late night on my website /emoticons/sad.png

hey essex boy, see you use the same logo as i do lol
is it like this? if it is, im affraid you have wasted your money, these are designed for dimming 12v led lights only and cost about £4 on ebay. they arent water proof. the wireless range is only a few meters.

if its not like this if you could email me details of it and maybe pictures of your set up and the controller i might be able to help better.

[email protected]

cheers

Richard
Thank you all.
I complained and got a full refund so alls well in the end

Does anyone on here use a remote?

I for one have not tried one yet as what I have read on various forums put me off as they all seem darn useless fitted to a van mount system.

I for one have not tried one yet as what I have read on various forums put me off as they all seem darn useless fitted to a van mount system.
in the next month will be trying things out and making my own! lol

My mate had one fitted to a van and worked fine.

We use em all fitted to trolleys and work fine.

They mention drilling a hole in the roof of the van for the ariel so that would probably instantly fix the problems.

A remote on a trolley is pretty epic lol!

Thanks, I still can’t see the point in having a remote for a van mount myself as surely something like an a-d or wfp tap would be so much less hassle than worrying about if you are in range or not to turn the water on/off by remote.

Like most I could be working upto 300 ft away behind buildings so can’t see any remote on the market today to be able to work properly at that range or even at 50 ft for that matter without direct line of sight.

Gardiners claim on their site this remote has 120m range but is this correct?

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2egardinerpolesystems%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fcatalogbody%2ehtml&WD=remote&PN=Liquid%2dLogic%2dtrade%2d%2dRadio%2dControl%2dUltimate%2dOne%2dShot%2dController%2d%2dLIQUIDLOGIC_REM_SA%2ehtml

I do, I have 5 for different applications and one on two trolleys, I found that the angle of the pump can affect the off capabilities at a distance.

Here is one for you jeff. I fitted a remote system to a trolley. Was rated at 10amp on and off.

It would turn the trolley on from hundreds of meters away. Even with no line of sight!

Yet it would not turn off within 2 meters of the trolley.

BUT if i pinched the hose, and got the pump slowed down it would work pretty much every time.

No matter the distance or if in line of sight........

I think the key with remotes on vans is 1. a good quality remote (as I found out the hard way) and 2. make sure its a wterproof one so the ariel can be fitted externally.

I have tried everything, you name it ive tried it and the only thing that I personally liked was the AD (are we not allowed to mentioned for copyrght).

The reason Iwant a remote is simple. To use an AD you need a stiffer pole hose and i HATE it with a passion. I am forever trying to put it away neatly for it to spring open. I want to go back to the lovely yellow soft stuff that it a little stretchy but it will not work with an AD because it is to soft to push onto JG fitments even with the little tube inserts.

If the remote does not work properly I will not be beaten, I will buy one of those unbrella hats and put an antennea on it!!!

I think the key with remotes on vans is 1. a good quality remote (as I found out the hard way) and 2. make sure its a wterproof one so the ariel can be fitted externally.
I have tried everything, you name it ive tried it and the only thing that I personally liked was the AD (are we not allowed to mentioned for copyrght).

The reason Iwant a remote is simple. To use an AD you need a stiffer pole hose and i HATE it with a passion. I am forever trying to put it away neatly for it to spring open. I want to go back to the lovely yellow soft stuff that it a little stretchy but it will not work with an AD because it is to soft to push onto JG fitments even with the little tube inserts.

If the remote does not work properly I will not be beaten, I will buy one of those unbrella hats and put an antennea on it!!!
I love my remote, signal even goes through "lead" (windows) haha

Here is one for you jeff. I fitted a remote system to a trolley. Was rated at 10amp on and off.
It would turn the trolley on from hundreds of meters away. Even with no line of sight!

Yet it would not turn off within 2 meters of the trolley.

BUT if i pinched the hose, and got the pump slowed down it would work pretty much every time.

No matter the distance or if in line of sight........
I suggest the pumps throw out an electrical field that prevents the signal getting through, maybe the pumps need a Faraday cage around them to let the signal through.By slowing the pump it does the same ?

This is an interesting concept as not just for windows but can see it come in handy for all sorts of jobs where chem needs to be presprayed.

What do you think?

Maybe - I have often wondered if it is possible to have a sub tank within the existing tank (purpose built) that holds 50 litres of detergent or similar that could travel doen a dual core hose (a bit like the video but built in).

The bloke in the video sounded like he was going to keel over!!!!

Good idea though, just too fiddly

I know of a lad that uses an extra tank just for spraying chems setup in his van.

Not sure if he uses a remote though. /emoticons/smile.png

just tested my half made wireless controller and so far its working!

test 1:-

receiver sitting inside the house at a closed window. walked 80m's (couldnt go more due to fence) and worked fine.

test 2:-

receiver was sitting in the van (out of site) and managed to walk 105m's away from the van with it still working, at this stage it wouldnt go to 110m's though

Hi RC,

Was that with the doors shut on the van with a booster antenna on the roof?

Did you also test it properly by using a wfp as you walked about to see the water actualy turn on/off?

just tested my half made wireless controller and so far its working!
test 1:-

receiver sitting inside the house at a closed window. walked 80m's (couldnt go more due to fence) and worked fine.

test 2:-

receiver was sitting in the van (out of site) and managed to walk 105m's away from the van with it still working, at this stage it wouldnt go to 110m's though

Back