Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controller Help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kerby0814

Right,

In my haste and excitement of picking up my new (to me) waterfed pole van mount system, which I know 100% worked when I picked it up as I was shown everything. 

Like an an absolute tw*t when connecting all the electrics (yes, just a couple of wires) when I got home to show my other half what an amazing window cleaner I am, I connected the negative to positive and vice versa. 

Controller now quite obviously doesn't work, connecting straight to the battery the pump works, so I know its the controller what's the issue. 

I've opened up the controller and nothing looks burnt out, so thought I'd turn to you guys. 

To that end. Does anybody have any idea what I can do to save some face as my other half thinks I'm a massive kn*bhead now ?

Is it a case of souldering a couple of new bits? Or is it a whole new controller? 

For f*ck sake.

I'll just tell the boss that it was buggered anyway before I touched it ?
Unless you get the latest v16 spring controller they are all polarity sensitive and connect them the wrong way will kill them @Ian Sheppardis the spring guy Ime sure he will explain it better than me , always make sure you have a fusible link between the battery positive terminal and the controller as well .   

Unless you get the latest v16 spring controller they are all polarity sensitive and connect them the wrong way will kill them @Ian Sheppardis the spring guy Ime sure he will explain it better than me , always make sure you have a fusible link between the battery positive terminal and the controller as well .   
Disaster overted. Just bypassed the fuse.. it worked. Out to get a new fuse tomorrow it is ??

Right,

In my haste and excitement of picking up my new (to me) waterfed pole van mount system, which I know 100% worked when I picked it up as I was shown everything. 

Like an an absolute tw*t when connecting all the electrics (yes, just a couple of wires) when I got home to show my other half what an amazing window cleaner I am, I connected the negative to positive and vice versa. 

Controller now quite obviously doesn't work, connecting straight to the battery the pump works, so I know its the controller what's the issue. 

I've opened up the controller and nothing looks burnt out, so thought I'd turn to you guys. 

To that end. Does anybody have any idea what I can do to save some face as my other half thinks I'm a massive kn*bhead now ?

Is it a case of souldering a couple of new bits? Or is it a whole new controller? 
If your controller isn't the new spring Europe ltd V16 you've fooked it.

No polarity protection and it's probably cooked the IC and you'll need to buy a brand new contractor 

If your controller isn't the new spring Europe ltd V16 you've fooked it.

No polarity protection and it's probably cooked the IC and you'll need to buy a brand new contractor 
Thanks mate, however although the fuse didn't look like it had blown, it actually had, so my first and initial thought of blowing the fuse, actually had happened. 

So panic over and off to halfords to get a new one (or two) when they open! ?

Thanks mate, however although the fuse didn't look like it had blown, it actually had, so my first and initial thought of blowing the fuse, actually had happened. 

So panic over and off to halfords to get a new one (or two) when they open! ?

Glad it was the fuse. Just shows how important fitting the correctly rated fuse is. In this case the fuse protected the controller from the reverse polarity and prevented further damage to the V11 controller. Fuses react to heat when a short circuit occurs in this case the short was on the polarity diode. The fuse blows in a 100th of a second and protects the diode.

Use the correctly rated fuse as recommended in the guide. Over rating a fuse can mean that it will not protect the equipment as it should. Its amps that cause damage by heating a circuit and a full battery can hold 80 - 110 amps or in some systems more

Back