Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Work frequency changes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Hi all asking for some tips as to what to do.with my round most if the customers have been with me 20 years. I'm struggling to keep up with the work now.

I've started to let go of slow payers.

If I was to move everybody on to a 5 week clean plan instead of 4 does this help. I was thinking it would give me some breathing space and allow me to make better money with my gutter vacuum.

Just trying to work out how much it would roughly cost me I doing so.

Struggling with the balance of work customer needs and family life

How many hours per day and days per week do you work?

If I were you I would implement a price rise on nearly all your jobs including a fairly big rise on underpriced jobs(we all have them),dump any jobs that require a ladder and go from there....

Tweak and tweak again.......

I work 4 days per week working around 5-6 hours per day...

No ladder jobs at all now and a fantastic round that I'm happy to clean all year round with minimal stress,hassle,etc...

Hi all asking for some tips as to what to do.with my round most if the customers have been with me 20 years. I'm struggling to keep up with the work now.

I've started to let go of slow payers.

If I was to move everybody on to a 5 week clean plan instead of 4 does this help. I was thinking it would give me some breathing space and allow me to make better money with my gutter vacuum.
I doubt many would be that worried mate. Give yourself a bit of breathing space. I do mostly 6 weekly and that's pretty good. I do say to people sometimes it may be a few days either way if we get really bad weather or something etc and they are fine with that. I only have very few 4 weekly but they are good as gold and never cancel and always pay on the day so they can stay as 4 weekly as long as they wish to 😊.

Drop the slow payers, drop single isolated jobs or jobs that are in some way a P.I.T.A and also increase prices to as much as possible on those that need increasing, this has seen me lose around 40 jobs over the last few months although I have had some people move house as well outside my work area so this saw me lose extra jobs.

Less work less stress and a 4 day week!!

Back