Work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Taylorvan, Oct 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Taylorvan

Taylorvan Member

I work full time in a local builders merchant to me hard graft and the money is grim
    This is y I have got my own van and wfp gear to get my wages up
    On the wkends the problem I have got is I'm Neva getting time with the family working 7 days a week and also not getting time canvassing for my own work
    I love being my own boss and a life on the glass only being doing this a few months so not shureflo how business is in the winter. Window cleaning or builders merchant think I need to take make a choice

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Could you survive without the builders job?

3. A.K WINDOWS

hold your job till your earning enough then jack it mate wish id have done that built up a round then jacked i jacked with nothing got by ok though lol.

4. Taylorvan

Taylorvan Member

I think I can I'm just unsure how the winter will be with the window cleaning

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Theres no telling what winter will bring, There may be times where you cant work. If you have some money you can rely on. I would jack your job in you will find you have way more time to get things done, The main one being canvassing and you will get time to spend with that family.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

you can work in the winter :) unless it snows mate

you just got to work in wet cold weather :( i dont like it but its gotta be done mate

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Jacking a full time job in and being broke maybe a good motivator to some but doesn't pay the bills or keep a roof over your head if you can't earn enough money each month. Simples...

The reality is you would probably land yourself in a lot of debt before you start earning the same amount in the job you packed in. Therefore I would advise to think very carefully what you do next as could be the biggest mistake of your life especially if you have a partner and kids to support..

8. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Gota agree, maybe speak to work and reduce your days slowly increasing window and lowering builder merchant

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Wise advise!!

10. harunh

harunh Legend

I LIKEEEEE

Advertisement