Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xline 45l trolly with di tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just wondered if anyone was using xline 45l trolly with the Di resin tank. Is it any good, do they go through a lot of resin etc
The amount of resin you go through is dependant on your tap tds and how much water you use. If your tap water is above about 75ppm then you will burn through the resin fast!.

With a trolley you want it to be as light as possible while being robust. So adding a DI vessel is just unnecessary weight. If possible process water at home or with a van mount system before you fill the tank. 

The amount of resin you go through is dependant on your tap tds and how much water you use. If your tap water is above about 75ppm then you will burn through the resin fast!.

With a trolley you want it to be as light as possible while being robust. So adding a DI vessel is just unnecessary weight. If possible process water at home or with a van mount system before you fill the tank. 
Yeah that's what I thought ?

Just wondered if anyone was using xline 45l trolly with the Di resin tank. Is it any good, do they go through a lot of resin etc
You are in a hard water area with around 260ppm a DI set up is completely useless to you.

Yeah but that's just like 2 sacks of spuds on a sack barrow!
try moving that weight around the side of someones house up and down kerbs etc one handed, PureFreedom used to sell a 50ltr trolley 2 members I know off on here had one and got rid because they were too heavy and awkward too move around and these are weight lifting lads, moving the weight of a 45ltr trolley for window cleaning is a fast track way to put your back out.

You are in a hard water area with around 260ppm a DI set up is completely useless to you.

try moving that weight around the side of someones house up and down kerbs etc one handed, PureFreedom used to sell a 50ltr trolley 2 members I know off on here had one and got rid because they were too heavy and awkward too move around and these are weight lifting lads, moving the weight of a 45ltr trolley for window cleaning is a fast track way to put your back out.
Remember when Brodex first bought their 50 liter trolley out? Windies who bought them soon realised that they were a waste of time and used the pump and controller as part of a van mount. I maybe wrong but I seem to remember that @dazmondstarted with one.

Same as the Streamline 50ltr a complete mission impossible to move 

SF-TR50-000.jpg

Yep I used a 50l trolley when I started over 10 years ago....I soon started leaving it in my van connected up to barrels.....hindsight is a wonderful thing...I should of just gone straight for a van mount from the off...you live and learn!??
Yeah that's why I'm asking. Don't want to go down van mount route as I like to empty my van for other things. 

Going to start with Gardner back pack to get technique at home then intro duce to customers. Then next step would be trolly. Wanted to keep my trips to the van to a minimum. Was looking at xline 45l but not always filling to top if not needed. 

Like the option to use as a van mounted but from barros. Don't think you can do that from xline 45l but other trolleys you can I believe. 

With 2 x 25 litre barrels very heavy.......without it's quite heavy....wouldn't want to be lifting it in and out even empty more than a couple of times a day which is why I got a tank.

Yeah that's why I'm asking. Don't want to go down van mount route as I like to empty my van for other things. 

Going to start with Gardner back pack to get technique at home then intro duce to customers. Then next step would be trolly. Wanted to keep my trips to the van to a minimum. Was looking at xline 45l but not always filling to top if not needed. 

Like the option to use as a van mounted but from barros. Don't think you can do that from xline 45l but other trolleys you can I believe. 
What's your technical ability like? Are you the DIY King or get someone to do it for you queen? 

Can you drill a circular hole and file out a rectangle?

If your not colour blind there's no reason why you can't build your own trolley system for under £100

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your technical ability like? Are you to DIY King or get someone to do it for you queen? 

Can you drill a circular hole and file out a rectangle?

If your not colour blind there's no reason why you can't build your own trolley system for under £100
That would good to know how? 

Don't do it unless you can't fit a tank.
Don't want to fit tank unless last resort due to needing it empty for some other uses. Looking to start with Gardner back back on trolly then up grade to trolly if wpf is for me plus will give me an idea if I need to tank van to do my current work. 30 y experience but total wfp novice. 

Think I might look for a DIY trolly build, already got a good sack barrow. ?

Back