Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xline 45l trolly with di tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I spose a good thing about a trolley system used also as van mount, is that on those extra cold spells its easy to just bring trolley indoors. With pump screwed to board in van makes this more hassle.

Wouldn’t want to be lifting that in and out of a vehicle , needs towing behind the car ????
I had a local pharmaceutical manufacturing company near me buy one for their "in house" cleaner to use to clean a factory with over 1100 windows. 

They called me to ask if I knew how it worked and could I train their cleaner.

It was a little skinny 19 year old with less muscle than a goldfish.

I told them they had the wrong system and should of invested 8k in an RO DI van mount system.

They later offered me the trolley for £150. I ripped their arm off. 

Later butchered it for parts and sold the stupid trolley frame to a local petrol station for forecourt fire extinguisher holder 

I had a local pharmaceutical manufacturing company near me buy one for their "in house" cleaner to use to clean a factory with over 1100 windows. 

They called me to ask if I knew how it worked and could I train their cleaner.

It was a little skinny 19 year old with less muscle than a goldfish.

I told them they had the wrong system and should of invested 8k in an RO DI van mount system.

They later offered me the trolley for £150. I ripped their arm off. 

Later butchered it for parts and sold the stupid trolley frame to a local petrol station for forecourt fire extinguisher holder 
???Good for you

Yeah that's why I'm asking. Don't want to go down van mount route as I like to empty my van for other things. 

Going to start with Gardner back pack to get technique at home then intro duce to customers. Then next step would be trolly. Wanted to keep my trips to the van to a minimum. Was looking at xline 45l but not always filling to top if not needed. 

Like the option to use as a van mounted but from barros. Don't think you can do that from xline 45l but other trolleys you can I believe. 
from my experience its better to have a dedicated van just for cleaning and a separate car for leisure time/other things....its a pain taking gear in and out all the time

After having one of these for just over a year I would strongly advise not getting one!!

1. The castors fell off the handle
2. The controller is directly under where you tip your water in, which resulted in it turning itself on and not working properly.
3. It is way too heavy to be lifting in and out of your vehicle.
4. Even though they state you can lay this on its side water leak out of the top cap.
5. Technical service is non-existent, I had a problem and rang for support line 5 times and no answer then rang sales and answered on 1st attempt.

If I was you I would look at the cleaning warehouse for there trolley.
Couldnt agree with you more. In the end i found i didnt need mine anyway, its just not practical going down side alleys or through peoples houses with. And the weight! Flippin ek! Cant beat the old faithful gardiner backpack for those niggly jobs u cant do with van hose.

nice idea and looks striking, but its impractical, its only useful if all your work are just fronts only and you dont want to invest in a van system. But make sure u have a good chiropractor cos it will pop your back out of joint ?

I’ve got one it’s no that heavy in and out of vehicle I bought it to try out as after 40 yrs on ladder and ground getting wetter  and slippery and lots of new windows cleaners using w f i thought let’s give it a go .I use two 20 mtr hoses so can leave at front of house the only problem I find is having enough water so I carry 1x 25 ltr barrel in car I also find 90% of my customers have a tap so I just fill up there it used quit a lot first clean but for 3 rd clean 6 to 7 houses out of one tank I find it great for me as I do any new ones we get or when I have to help out due to being rained off we have van mount for one guy very soon it will be 2 man we are lucky as after 40 years I have most customers in street so plenty for two guys unfortunately we still have to use ladders as parking in some streets bad also access bad up and down stairs over fences the trolley is good for new builds or up to 25 yrs build most people have a tap out side I can clean £35 hour younger guys can do more no prob so it’s ok if u can’t have van mount came in handy in new job as no parking hope it helps u decide

Back