Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xline Reach and Wash system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

not only are they  :1f4a9:  but there also 2 foot shorter then they said it was i went for the 20ft  and it was 18ft going buy my tape mesure then had to spend £105 on a 6 foot extion wich i then had to cut down as im only 5.8 ft tall  :1f602:  as i needed a ladder to extend the dam thing on top of that it now waight a tone and the number one section is at full adjustment so who no's how long it will last i get the fieling its guna be around the 6 month mark ,but dont take my word for it as @mark m has several xline pole that are all fine  :1f61c:   on the flip side the clamps do fiel nice in use ,there is my 50p worth any way good luck with your choice :1f44d:

no sign of xline tonight then? stirred up a hornets nest then done a runner! ah well i finally got to say my piece about the terrible service i recieved it had been simmering a while i can now move on with my life! :1f602: :1f44e: :1f4a9:

Xline really went the wrong way about this. Getting your back up against the wall and individually challenging people was a very bad idea, especially on an open platform like this. The bad press clearly is warranted, as a business they need to accept their faults and try to improve by listening and understanding the customers... is that not what every successful business strives to do? Challenging anyone ever wronged by Xline was not a smart play and it seems to have backfired pretty badly. They really have a long way to go to compete with the others suppliers out there. Certainly haven't done their bad rep any favours in the last few days on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we see what happens hopefully they might try my idea of helping out around here with the q and a but radio silence might not help them much.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah but jokes aside it was like reading a trust pilot page for a really bad company. Instead of just acknowledging that people have had a poor service in the past and apologising the muppet went ahead and asked people to give examples. Honesty is the best policy sometimes, how will anyone believe they have changed if they can't even acknowledge the poor service they have given previously.

I have never owned one of there systems but I do have 5 of there poles my recent one was the new 25ft nano which is a lovely light pole I replaced this as the last x-line pole I got over 4 years ago was getting a little worn so I now use it as my soft washing pole 

Xline

I had an xline full ro system installed 2 years ago and all went well for me. Good system and easy to work on. Brought a pocket pole and that is good too.

This company comes up with innovative products like the rinse bar brushes and raised reel set up that I recently added. I don’t know about their recent range of nano poles because My Gardiner slx is 3 years old and still going strong.

I suspect that the company has grown too fast on the back of attractive looking products and some slick marketing but have outrun themselves. As a result poor customer service results all to often in my experience but fortunately for me I have not had much in the way of problems.

It is obvious to me that is the setup and lack of system that let them down rather than bad products or lack of resolve to improve themselves. They want to do the right thing and do care, but struggle to cope with their own success is my impression.

Despite problems getting my recent raises reel setup ordered from them, it did get resolved reasonably quickly. My problems stemmed from lack of information on the web site to enable me to order correctly first time, compounded by insufficient knowledge of the product when Telephoning to get that information. I have it installed now and it is great. But can you now buy this without running into the same problem? If so good, but this is a microcosm of the problems within the company. It is struggling to cope but is trying very hard to change this. It takes enormous effort to correct matters and still continue to trade. I have been there and got the T shirt in a previous life.

Whilst they are fire fighting with problems due to lack of systems to cope with orders or technical problems, they are therefore too busy as a result to put the systems in place they need. Catch 22!

But it has improved there. Someone picks up a phone, calls get returned (eventually) and there is a much needed Technical advice line that I found helpful with the raised reel installation.

Bottom line, would I get another xline system installed? Yes. I like it and it works well.....

The trouble with being busy is that there is a danger you let people down. They, as a company, need to either stop selling equipment till they have caught up with the backlog or employ more people. The problem with employing more people is it will take them 3 months to get up to speed. 

The vast majority of people on here have their own business and understand  :1f4a9: happens. It's what you do after is the difference between good and not so good companies. In my opinion continuing to overtrade, and therefore continue to get very bad press, isn't the actions of a good company. 

Agree with most of that except they have to continue to trade or it’s like having your throat cut. They have no choice except to do both. They are employing more people but like you say a few months for them to get trained....

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Agree with most of that except they have to continue to trade or it’s like having your throat cut. They have no choice except to do both. They are employing more people but like you say a few months for them to get trained....

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Yes they make some nice looking stuff. No I don't own any and after personal dealings with James never will.   Things take time to fix as will their reputation but....... their reputation won't be helped any by Andy 'the customer service' man coming on here and telling all that have any complaints that X line is blameless and it's the customers own fault now will they?  

Perhaps his talents would be better used elsewhere such as distribution instead of customer service but wait.....  if your order then does not show up it will be your own fault.....not theirs. 

x line are pants for customer service, from what I've heard grippatank, wcw, and the cleaning warehouse are a lot better
Maybe there learning from mistakes rang me three days on the trot about an order the brush bumper not being available I said send it without the refused then 3 days later sent it. Was getting sick of them calling ?

Back