Yell.com

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Knoxy, Apr 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Just had a phone call from yell saying they seen my gumtree add and wanted to know a bit about my business, had to end call as I was on my way out, there going to call me back later.
    Anyone on here use them and do you have to pay and if so is it worth it ?

Advertisement
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I'm actually looking to place an add today or tomorrow in there

thay got an estamate thing on there to get first place on the website it says for my area would be £800 for a year lol

but thay do a heavyweight add for £50 a year so wonder where this would place me tho ?[hr]
    tell a lie i just checked it and its £2000 for my area for the year so around £170 a month lol

heavyweight add for me for £50 see what that gets me

3. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

Absolute waste of money. Cost me £650 last year for the whole package including a tracker that recorded how many people called me. 14 in the year. And 5 of them at least, were me checking if it worked, lol.[hr]
    Also. Who goes to the yellow pages for a phone number? Everyone uses google.

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yell ring me all the time offering me websites, adds etc and say it will generate me loads of work and i need to do it!! They just harass small businesses and charge crazy prices. Most the time I just hang up as soon as the say hello mr.belfastcleaning how are you, it's mike from yell..

5. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Thanks, think I'll give them a miss for now

6. best

best Active Member

you can have a free add with them. just ask them

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Speaking of companies ringing has anybody had the hi I'm from the police magazine scam yet? I've had that one as soon as I put my add on freeindex.

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

dont bother they are a waste of money, think about it this way, if you want a plumber etc, how do you find it, most people google it now,

9. mark m

mark m Hero

get yell free adds nothing else as it is a waste of money

10. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

yer just do the free ad ive got a paid add with them its heavy weight and prominent posistion so im always at the top ive had 7 phone calls in 3 months 1 i took on as a refular customer, 1 wanted me to come the very next day and do a one off clean ( eer no) and the other 5 were different advertising companys and charities most of them ive never even heard of, so keep ure money in ure back pocket mate youll be better off

Advertisement