Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You gotta laugh!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This has to become the thread of LOL.  Another customer today told me her old window cleaner keeps coming back when he feels like it.  I cleaned her house like a month ago and then she text me to say she could not pay me as the other guy turned up and cleaned them just after me and she had to pay him as she had not cancelled him when she asked me to do them!  Anyway, plot thickens, I rock up today and say to the woman 'do you still want me to do your windows or is the other guy gonna be back'?  She said 'nah, Ive paid him and told him he is not to come back'.  She acknowledged she owed me for 1 clean so like a complete tool I cleaned them again, expecting she would pay for 2 cleans.  A few hours later cleaning on the same estate I bump into her old cleaner.  He reckons she owes him 3 months of cleans and told him I was not coming back!!!!!  Talk about playing 2 windies off against each other and getting your windows cleaned for free!!!  Bloody scumbag is so gonna get some eggs delivered.  Why do people think they can do this and get away with it.  So angry.

This has to become the thread of LOL.  Another customer today told me her old window cleaner keeps coming back when he feels like it.  I cleaned her house like a month ago and then she text me to say she could not pay me as the other guy turned up and cleaned them just after me and she had to pay him as she had not cancelled him when she asked me to do them!  Anyway, plot thickens, I rock up today and say to the woman 'do you still want me to do your windows or is the other guy gonna be back'?  She said 'nah, Ive paid him and told him he is not to come back'.  She acknowledged she owed me for 1 clean so like a complete tool I cleaned them again, expecting she would pay for 2 cleans.  A few hours later cleaning on the same estate I bump into her old cleaner.  He reckons she owes him 3 months of cleans and told him I was not coming back!!!!!  Talk about playing 2 windies off against each other and getting your windows cleaned for free!!!  Bloody scumbag is so gonna get some eggs delivered.  Why do people think they can do this and get away with it.  So angry.

I got dropped today by a customer, I signed her because her window cleaner disappeared for like 4 months but rocked up yesterday with good reason for not being about. Fair enough I thought ish....maybe had family/illness issues etc etc. Dont know weather to be annoyed I've lost one or glad theres some loyalty 

Like the title says you gotta laugh.  Did a customers windows over a week ago.  Sent her a text over a week later just to nudge her long.  She owed me £15.  Within 2 minutes of my text being sent she fired one back saying 'not happy with results, you left bird poo on the glass so I am only gonna pay you £10 this time'.  Was only second clean, every 8 weeks.  I checked my a/c and yup she had paid me a tenner and needled me out of £5.  Now I know those windows were spotless when I left them and she had to wait for me to prompt her for payment before she decides to mess me about.  Binned...... Funny, I have only been in this game a few months and I am seeing a lot of this.  I have some great customers who pay me the same day.   I am not sterotyping but in my experience those who seem to have less, the small bungalows, the retired couples with small houses are the great payers.  The ones with mansions and BMWs seem to be the penny pinchers that just make stuff up to not pay or make sure they only have a one off clean.  When I first quoted I said to my mrs in the car as we drove off, that woman is going to be hard work.  Funny you seem to develop a radar for time wasters.  
you could of left bird muck on the glass....... esp on an upper window......i would of phoned her up once she sent a text about the bird muck and gone back and recleaned the window the next day for free.....shes a new customer and its your reputation on the line  id give her the benefit of the doubt first time round.....

i have loads of posh houses with electronic gates and range rovers,porsches,mercedes,BMWs...even a mcclaren F4 on their drives and they are all good solid customers.......its a myth that they are all tight and dont pay......most are great......

if your getting a lot of complaints id take a bit more notice of your actual cleaning........esp as you re relatively inexperienced......

I understand what you are saying.  But first off, I never leave until I am certain the job is bang on.  As I am getting referrals from happy customers as the quality of customers tend to be better than from canvassing.  I focus on quality.

The woman should have phoned me up if there was an issue and a free clean would have been offered.  I unfortunately did not get that opportunity.  She decided to complain nearly two weeks after the job was done and only when I chased her for payment.

Always willing to listen to customer feedback.  Not really in the business to be mugged off by some muppet with an audi on the drive who clearly did not want more than a one off clean and decided to mug me off for £5 in the process.

I understand what you are saying.  But first off, I never leave until I am certain the job is bang on.  As I am getting referrals from happy customers as the quality of customers tend to be better than from canvassing.  I focus on quality.

The woman should have phoned me up if there was an issue and a free clean would have been offered.  I unfortunately did not get that opportunity.  She decided to complain nearly two weeks after the job was done and only when I chased her for payment.

Always willing to listen to customer feedback.  Not really in the business to be mugged off by some muppet with an audi on the drive who clearly did not want more than a one off clean and decided to mug me off for £5 in the process.
unfortunately you ll get a fair few messers when starting out.....itll settle down after a few years.....i still get caught out occasionally but its very rare after 26 years window cleaning.....i can normally sniff them out a mile away!?

Latest Posts

Back