Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your business plans for 2016?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i have enough work and some underpaid and some just perfect. I find myself working like a dog though. Time to maybe get some help to ease the load and enjoy things more.

Also will be upping all the under priced work I have from when I first started. I have some jobs that are still £8 on the same streets where newer customers are paying £10 to £12 per clean. They will all get upped to £10 as that is now my minimum so they should be on the same rate as their neighbor.

Also getting rid of the last couple of messers the 'oh, i'll just pay you double next time' I only keep putting up with their **** as I do several of their neighbors but just cant be arsed with them in future.

I'm thinking of starting a home based window cleaning service. Customers bring their windows to me and I clean them while they wait. Will save in van and fuel costs! and I can kit out my garage with a WFP system and work int he dry even on rainy days.

seriously through has anyone thought about selling their DI water to customers for them to use in their steam irons. Based on prices I see on ebay (circa £7-9 for 10 ltr) I recon you could make a good margin on it. and make a few extra bucks on the side, you can deliver it on the days you clean their windows, (you going to their house anyway and will be carrying water in your van anyway) but what a good service for the custy, pure water delivered FOC. Also has the added advantage of making you an even more valued asset in your custys eyes.

Only if it has been through a water filter

Same thing as making pure

.taking the particles out

Can't u use pre boiled water out of your kettle in your iron?
The steam at the top of your kettle is basically a de ionised water, but it would take a lot of boiling to get 10Lof it./emoticons/smile.png

need to prioritise windows to get the regular income then i can afford to fork out a lot of money on marketting the carpets

if it was me thats wat id do as wen u have regular custo,mers they more likely to get you to do the carpets to

do u get much work for carperts from ur window custies

nope, all enquiries have come from my website which is not a great deal as i currently rank on page 3, but ranking for carpet cleaning is highly competitive round here so its going to take some money chucking at it and adwords etc.

but im only interested in windows for now once i get to about 2k a month on windows then i will start pushing carpet cleaning and other services

Once you get to a certain point on the windows you'll have no need for the carpets and all the expense Adam

The windows will earn you more

That's why i don't bother with gutters or any type of pressure washing anymore

Once you get to a certain point on the windows you'll have no need for the carpets and all the expense AdamThe windows will earn you more

That's why i don't bother with gutters or any type of pressure washing anymore
I do agree, to a point. If I get a day where its proper lashing it down, that's when I will book in the pressure washing. Its surprising how good you feel when you've earned a days crust knowing you wouldn't of done trying to window clean.

As for the suggestion on this thread about becoming a chiropodist, I don't like em. I broke down once and a chiropodist wouldn't give me a tow /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back