Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Help with new pole 50ft+

Tommy Zoom

I need a long pole. Currently I use slx 22 for my every day stuff and it's a good pole.

I now need a 50+ ft pole and don't know what's best to go for. Has anyone compared gardiners with x-line's evolution pro + ??

What would you guys recommend.

Have you tried using a pole at 50' plus?

Yep a lot to take into consideration here..!!

For me personally at my age I don't want to work hirer than 30ft, and at that height the jobs I do I have cut down to a minimum.

But for a younger person I suppose it would'nt be a problem, however all I would say is just be aware of long term damage to your body if you intend cleaning with a pole at that height for a long period of time over a number of years...!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I havent used that size of pole either. If I was in the market I would be looking at a hi modulus carbon fiber pole because of weight and rigidity. I also like the idea of poles you can add extensions to, so if you then needed a 65ft pole you wouldn't need a complete new pole.

I know that Unger, Gardiner and Reach-IT all make poles that meet those reqirements.

Then price would be a factor as hi mod poles don't come cheap and you need to earn back the extra cost.

Sorry I can't give you first hand experience, just my thoughts.

I havent used that size of pole either. If I was in the market I would be looking at a hi modulus carbon fiber pole because of weight and rigidity. I also like the idea of poles you can add extensions to, so if you then needed a 65ft pole you wouldn't need a complete new pole.

I know that Unger, Gardiner and Reach-IT all make poles that meet those reqirements.

Then price would be a factor as hi mod poles don't come cheap and you need to earn back the extra cost.

Sorry I can't give you first hand experience, just my thoughts.

I've used a 60' Carbon Fiber pole a few times and found them heavy and quite flexi at full stretch = hard work.

Anything over 45'-50' and I would buy a High-Modulas Pole if I had the work to justify the expense.

I used a mates High-Modulas Pole and the difference really is 'night and day'.....they are a dream to use at any height.

No I have t used one at that height which is why I was interested to see what others have found to be best.

I'm 31 so currently can still do it, and I have tendered for a job which will need a pole this size.

Is it only the Gardiner poles that use high modular poles?

Is it only the Gardiner poles that use high modular poles?

High-MODULAS Carbon Fiber ;).

Modular poles are sectional ie....not telescopic.

Gardiner....Reach-iT.....Unger......and others do High-Modulas Poles.....

have search on Google......they are not cheap :eek::eek:....you have been warned :D.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.