Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnMadraRua

First cleans.

Smurf

Going back to the op there are window cleaners in my location that I know one would charge £8 anther £10 another £12 and me £15 -£25 depending how frequent the clean is (without a conservatory or extension on the back)

Less is more as they say so I prefer to work less for more :D

tench0771

it depend who is wrking in ur neck of the woods there is a guy going round under cuting every one at the minit most will tell him on ur bike but comershel is a different story im happy with £10/£11 for that tho ide get tole to bugger off at £15 lol buy most :rolleyes::D

SPCleaning

I clean a similar house to this on an estate in a village for £18. Yes I was pushing my luck but I don't really need the work. I started doing it two years ago. Now I do two others at £18 and another 2 at £25.

There is another window cleaner going onto the estate and he charges £13 for my £18 jobs. I have never met the guy but it appears that he is a bit grumpy and they don't like him because of it. I try to be nice and helpful, always smile and polite. They told me recently of a new window cleaner who came and canvassed and they proudly told them that they had me.

In short, if you can charge more do. Once you have them they don't often change.

Smurf

Like I sad before there is no right or wrong price as long as both the cleaner and customer is kept happy.

You could be the cheapest or even dearest cleaner going but if the potential customers don't like you for whatever reason you will never win the work.

tench0771

spcleaning were abouts in devon r u ?any were near torbay or teignbridg area ?? im frm newton abbot :) i no most of the wc's so we may have met?:)

SPCleaning
spcleaning were abouts in devon r u ?any were near torbay or teignbridg area ?? im frm newton abbot :) i no most of the wc's so we may have met?:)

No Tench, I'm in Mid Devon. I tend to work in West Devon and Mid Devon. I have a couple of larger jobs in East Devon. I only go to your neck of the woods for leisure, never for work.

spruce

Here's another one. £2.50 fronts - £5.00 back, front and side window. They have most of the houses in the close.

pricing.jpg.0e643c32771d890f63f2602d87313b30.jpg

andy w
Here's another one. £2.50 fronts - £5.00 back, front and side window. They have most of the houses in the close.

[ATTACH=full]4793[/ATTACH]

That's madness! :thumbsdown:

cheapncheerful

yep spcleaning..if you can get it do....the best time is when people move but....i just found out one of mine that sold is only moving local...so...it depends if they bring their windy with them and how much he charges ...:D

Dave B

[ATTACH=full]4793[/ATTACH]

2 pound 50..what about the upstairs windows at the front??

I would only be doing that bottom 1 for 2.50

Smurf

I've seen plenty that charge a fiver a house like that being a fortnightly trad clean but was a few years ago.

2 pound 50..what about the upstairs windows at the front??

I would only be doing that bottom 1 for 2.50

Tuffers

I've got some £5 houses (fronts only, all in a row), very compact and can do 4 of them quicker than a £20 house a lot of the time.

tench0771
No Tench, I'm in Mid Devon. I tend to work in West Devon and Mid Devon. I have a couple of larger jobs in East Devon. I only go to your neck of the woods for leisure, never for work.

so u must b summer set way then m8 :)

andy w
yep tuffers wfp all the way one after the other......:D

Cnc you will soon be totally on the dark side saying things like that :D

cheapncheerful

well this post says first cleans....and i only wfp first cleans from now on....

of course....i trad check em afterwards.....but....its hardly hard work...

wfp is though....it hurts me muscles dont like it....but....its fun too...:D

saves going to the gym

andy w

Hard work! It nearly killed me for the first two months! I must be weak :P

cheapncheerful

apart from the mystery of the tangling of the hose....i would swear no way i walked through the hosepipe on the floor today and yet at the same time....my hose told me i did....:D

thank god for that awcs ...i was getting worried for a minute...

still i fully loaded again for tomorrow... me just loves the twinkle that pure gives out...

andy w

My hose often has a life of its own! It was all knotted today at one point so I tugged it and broke my connector :gush: Lesson leaned :thumbsup:

cheapncheerful

i have just lost my temper with my ro ...and then thought ..oops that was close....well it was shooting water every where...bloody pure...well at least the worktop is clean...........:D...yeh that connector is on my list to order of spares...as its only plastic and looks well easy to snap....

Tuffers

Don't get me started on hoses :mad: mine will loop and loop when it's reeled in and then get wrapped round the spindle when reeling it off just lately. I bought new hose thinking I'd stretched it too much or something, but the new one is doing the same. It's either the way I'm reeling in or the reel has had it.

andy w

Mine was a gardiners one I broke ! Best get an order done again!:(

andy w
Don't get me started on hoses :mad: mine will loop and loop when it's reeled in and then get wrapped round the spindle when reeling it off just lately. I bought new hose thinking I'd stretched it too much or something, but the new one is doing the same. It's either the way I'm reeling in or the reel has had it.

It's just keeping you on your toes :laugh: Mine has days of doing tricks like that :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.