Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mick59

Add on idea

mick59

Just an idea, would chimney cleaning be a good add on service?

Guest boarcity

i know a guy who went on a course to learn that, got his flyers printed up,bought the kit. but then couldnt face doing it .

mick59
i know a guy who went on a course to learn that, got his flyers printed up,bought the kit. but then couldnt face doing it .

Doing a course is a good idea, nothing as hatefull as a brush stuck up the chimney

Guest boarcity

makes me wonder what you do, if the brush did get stuck.

Smurf

I know a sweep that often needs to get on roofs then he does a little song and dance called "wtf not again" :D

makes me wonder what you do, if the brush did get stuck.

Guest boarcity

dyou reckon hes tied of up there

Michael Murphy
Still want to be a sweep?:D

[media]

[/media]

Hmmm maybe not, thanks Smurf

Smurf

Sweeps need balls of steel too but most ppl think the job is easy money as can be done from the ground which often is not the case.

Smurf

Probably not

In the previous vid he was stood on top of that bungalow chimney stack so I dont think he is that bothered about safety somehow do you? :rolleyes:

dyou reckon hes tied of up there

Dave B

I would do that happily but i would be tied on to the roof

I reckon this guy has a screw loose

Dave B

Any idea how much these sweeps charge??

Could be a nice earner with all these old villages round here

Michael Murphy
Any idea how much these sweeps charge??

Could be a nice earner with all these old villages round here

Michael Murphy

You could do them from insides only, on the tricky ones recommend someone else

Dave B

I have no problem on roofs michael being one of these ex roofers who smurf moans about lol

Guest boarcity

he didnt sound like a risk taker . but now im thinking about it, most chimney pots are a lot taller than the one in the vid,so if you have to get above it to use that drill youre gonna be standing on the chimney stack itself , WHOOOAH

Smurf

Sweeps also have a lot of responsibility too as lives can be at risk if they don't know what they are doing.

Tuffers
Here is an example vid :rolleyes:

[media]

[/media]

Gutters and fascias need cleaning on that bungalow :cool:

Scrubber

good thing about chimney sweeping is that its repeat business (yearly) . So you build a customer base . £50 per sweep ....not too shabby .

Guest boarcity

hawes.jpg.25b12d49e30bae4c85a25732f7acc048.jpg in my area iv seen at least 3 new start up sweeps in the last year . before that i saw just one old sweep type ^^^^^ whos been around forever . the new guys have brand new vans ,goin for the jugular !

whereas old lag in foto above had a Maestro van until recently . iv jus remembered mr.maestro once accused me of throwing a stone at his van , i was out with my kids at a local river and he drove by and screeched to a halt,then challenged me .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.