paul1

Round Tracker or George ?

SPCleaning

I use George. I think it works very well and certainly ticks all my boxes. Best of all there is a one off payment of £50 and nothing else to pay.

paul1
I use George. I think it works very well and certainly ticks all my boxes. Best of all there is a one off payment of £50 and nothing else to pay.

Hi

Is it easy to use mate terrible with software normally? cheers

Guest boarcity

george , its a great easy to use system , cheap too at 50 notes

Tuffers
george , its a great easy to use system , cheap too at 50 notes

Hey boar, I tried dragging and dropping work into order like your Mrs said. You can drag and drop in diary veiw but you can't put the jobs in the order you want them in. You can go into 'round order' and do it, but that looks a right ball ache and I'm sure I'd really bugger the whole round up if I started messing about in that part of the software.

Tuffers

Plus £12 a year for on-line backup.

SPCleaning

I don't use online backup. I save to disc so no £12 per year for me.

Guest boarcity
Hey boar, I tried dragging and dropping work into order like your Mrs said. You can drag and drop in diary veiw but you can't put the jobs in the order you want them in. You can go into 'round order' and do it, but that looks a right ball ache and I'm sure I'd really bugger the whole round up if I started messing about in that part of the software.

intresting that you at least "had a go" . i never did, for much same reason as you, scared of making matters worse and cocking george right up

Tuffers

Tight arse :rofl:

Guest boarcity

iv paid for the backup- but its well worth checking that the backup facility IS switched on at georges end. one simple way to check this is when you hit "back up" it takes quite a few seconds to load , about 10secs at least if its switched on correctly . i used to think it was backing up in the past when i hit "back up" and it loaded straight away,but in fact it wasnt actually backed up at all as wasnt switched on at georges end. if that makes sense !

Guybrush

Is Aworka and George the same thing? I have to pay a recurring 10 quid every month. Maybe I missed the boat on this one.

SPCleaning

Aworka is produced by the same company and is the online version. I just prefered my data to be on my computer. I think Aworka has more knobs, buttons and whistles.

steele

I prefer aworka, i like the fact it's on the cloud and I can access it on any computer I need too. I did have a look at the cleaner planner and it does look good though. If you want simple go for george

heyoh

I have used George, and now using round tracker. I think rtracker gives you more freedom as it's only an excel sheet, you can play around with the filters, print whatever you want in whatever order you want it. Yes you need a basic understanding of excel, so in this way you could call it more complicated, but it doesn't limit what you can do with your database.

I do my invoices manually in openoffice then export in pdf (george does those, although you can't edit all details on it)

I like the freedom rtracker gives. I normally just do a backup manually to my google drive every once a week.

Guest tattoosnhooves

neither.....pen n paper as it don't go away.cleaner planner.it took me a day to upload my round,n soooooo much time to uodate,and who trusts the cloud,internet or whatever bit of technology looking after my round/wages/money

just a thawt mate

Tuffers
neither.....pen n paper as it don't go away.cleaner planner.it took me a day to upload my round,n soooooo much time to uodate,and who trusts the cloud,internet or whatever bit of technology looking after my round/wages/money

just a thawt mate

I have George and a desk diary. Everything I do gets written in the diary just incase my laptop breaks, then I can if needs be find out what jobs I need to do by going back through the diary.

♠Winp®oClean♠

A4 diary for recording & MS word for creating weekly work sheets. Couldn't be easier nor simpler IMO.:)