Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

CT1 fun and games

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nick666

I use CT1 for gutter repairs and I have a to sort out a bit of a **** up asap and remove an over enthusiastic application of it-at £60 a gallon it makes petrol seem cheap;-).Anyone any any ideas of a product that will remove it that I can get from b anq or similar to save me a trip down to suppliers -I dont want to put chewing gum into my carpet so I can justify the expense and buggering around;-)

You mean this stuff?

[media]

[/media]
Now what exactly did you do as I have no idea what you are going on about

That is some great stuff, but it is bloody expensive. I just use a good exterior sealant for gutters, ct1 is a bit overkill IMO.

Thanks for vid Smurf. Put it on the outside of gutter to seal a joint-client is complaining there's too much on even though its transparent-he has a point though

I tend not to mess about with leaking joints as I'm just a cleaner not a plumber.

Reason being If you just try to seal leaking joints a few months down the road I can bet you will get a phone call saying " you know that you charged me to seal that leaking gutter. Well it's started leaking again so what are you going to do about it"....Hmmm:rolleyes:

In my experience it is always better to change the gutter union or the seals than to use a sealant. On the very rare occasion that I have used a sealant I would apply it to the inside of the gutter.

Thanks for vid Smurf. Put it on the outside of gutter to seal a joint-client is complaining there's too much on even though its transparent-he has a point though

Back