Neil

How would you clean this?

Neil

I need to clear the gutter and clean the glass what do you think will be the best and safest way to do it ?

65bc788db1b82ed9f0199c004b717984.jpg424ae5175db05ac83b2453da9e40f194.jpgd4742fee1716e316f767ccb9a3d991cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Pro Clean Ltd

The safest way would be to erect a small mobile scaffold tower, these are available from most local tool hire places.

It will obviously push up the price of the job but just add it onto the quotation as 'Scaffold Tower Hire'

I have found with quotes of late I am getting more of the jobs where correct H&S is followed even if it pushes the price up overall.

Markyboy 50
The safest way would be to erect a small mobile scaffold tower, these are available from most local tool hire places.

It will obviously push up the price of the job but just add it onto the quotation as 'Scaffold Tower Hire'

I have found with quotes of late I am getting more of the jobs where correct H&S is followed even if it pushes the price up overall.

Then once your quote is accepted, get there early one morn and do the job while wobbling about on your ladder before any office staff r about then pocket the scaffold tower money :D

Dave B

Ally tower is extremely easy to erect also

I used to have my tickets to erect that stuff but as far as i know you don't need any paperwork to do it for yourself

I would go with that unless you can think of another safe way

Neil

That's what I'm thinking there must be another way I've got to clear the gully as well I between the glass how would you do that? This ones a tricky one [emoji57]

Neil

Glass will be easy to clean off a tower but the gully will be hard

Dave B

Can you not use an old brush to brush/wash all the bits to one end of the gulley so you can take it out fron one end with a ladder??

Just an idea but not sure if it would work..

Markyboy 50

I'm sure u could walk down that gulley carefully

Green Pro Clean Ltd

@daveyboy1 will agree this ones a steal if it stays cheap enough

And I do not believe you do need tickets to erect your own mobile scaffold.

Well handy for this sort of job, gutter repairs and cleaning even as a platform for roof cleaning.

Neil
Can you not use an old brush to brush/wash all the bits to one end of the gulley so you can take it out fron one end with a ladder??

Just an idea but not sure if it would work..

Ts what I was thinking daveyboy hope your well mate [emoji106]

Neil

I'm sure you need PASMA to erect any sort of tower I was going to do it but didn't in the end I just did IPAF

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I believe, and I could be wrong (but not likely :P) you only need certifications if you are erecting it for others to use, not for yourself to use.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I believe, and I could be wrong (but not likely :P) you only need certifications if you are erecting it for others to use, not for yourself to use.

Neil

I will ask and see what the company's say [emoji106]

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Phone a hire center and ask, I am planning on getting a scaffold tower for me to use but not planning on paying someone £100 for the privilage of watching me put it together. ;)

Dave B

That is a good price

@Neil my old ladders with the ankalad can be set up like steps so the ladder doesn't actually put any weight on the glass thinking about it

Set them up almost touching the glass with some padding like pipe lagging type stuff cable tied on so that touches the glass

I reckon that would be perfect

I trimmed a tree using them like that and not actually touching the tree

As long as you don't stand too high up like feet above the first section there will be no weight on the glass

Neil

But working off a ladder piling the glass would this be safe and allowed?

kahoona

whatever you end up doing just be aware it looks like theres cctv recording your every move!

Dave B

I would feel safe doing the way I'm talking about if the ladder sat right and not too high

Not sure if it would be allowed in their eyes though

Neil

Yep I think I will get a tower it's the safest way plus i can manoeuvre it along and get the job done properly and safely [emoji106]

Markyboy 50

I always erect mine for others:D