Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Purified water taking masonry paint off walls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shaun1977

I noticed today job I done last month the water running down the wall had made the paint come off nd run on window. Anyone else had this

No idea mate, how can you be so sure that its your pure water to blame?

Firstly, its been lashing down for the last month so it could be your common garden rain. Secondly, how do you know the paint on the wall is MASONRY paint, might be some cheap skate has just used any old paint that might have been on offer at the time !

I can't see how you can be so certain - the experts will be along shortly to pass judgement on your problem, I've no doubt.

I noticed today job I done last month the water running down the wall had made the paint come off nd run on window. Anyone else had this
100% no chance pure water will not take off masonary paint if i could a little more 1 million per cent would still be not close

Yeah iv had that before. It wasn't freshly painted or anything, but I noticed white coloured water on the bottom window after I cleaned the top. I don't think it took the paint off though. must have been something on the wall

I doubt if this problem would be limited to just purified water. Years ago I had customer with a window that was always covered in pinky stuff from off the wall above. At present I have 1 whose window frames seem to 'bleed' paint off them onto the glass. Seems to be the brush action because it will rinse off clear.

I have a few window sills that white stuff comes off when wiping them, dosent do any damage or leave any marks, just makes my microfibre covered in white shat

white frames

a few years ago, a lot of custy painted there upvc with special paint to make them look better, it is **** and now runs

I noticed from earlier threads some of you guys were collecting rain water, that was reading 007ppm.

Does that mean rain will strip masonary paint off, if it does blame the paint company not blame the cleaner

It's nothing to do with wfp or you full stop. It's either cheap paint or the wrong sort. The number of people who paint wooden frames with emulsion is beyond me, and it innevitably comes off when you clean them, I've had no end of scrims go white over the years. If you rub the wall with a damp piece of rag or maybe even dry I dare say you'll have it on

It's to do with the molecular structure of the paint . Over time with enviromental variables the paint changes from a solid form to a powdery substance and when the rain falls on it or in your case is is agitated with the pole it causes it to come away . Hope this helps .

Back