Hi guest don't want to see slide in ads? Register for free! Read more... ×
brendan82

How many houses

Hi all. I've recently got my trolley built and I'm up and running. Being practising a lot on friends and neighbours and getting pretty good results and feedback. Just wondering how many houses a day on average is achievable starting out. Most house are 3 bed semi ds and are in close proximity to eachother. What is a good target starting out. Luckily I'm having no trouble getting customers tru my Facebook page but not sure what's realistic as it's part time for the moment. 2 days one week and 3 the following week due to shift work. Thanks guys

Report PostReport post

That's a bit difficult to answer as houses are all different. I've got some 2 bed places that have more work on them than some 4 bed places. However, what you will notice is that your first cleans will likely be a lot slower due to initial scrubbing and rinsing to get rid of old accumulated dirt etc. Your second a third cleans will be noticeably quicker and use a lot less water

Report PostReport post

Thanks mark. I'm using 10 25 litre drums and I'm assuming that should do me for the day. Do you know how long the water stays pure in the drums out of interest

I used to use 12 a day till I figured out I had my flow control set too low. It caused me too spend much longer rinsing than needed to get a good finish. Ironically, by turning the flow up to 80% from 40/50% I get a much better result much quicker. Sounds back to front I know but I actually use a lot less water like this especially when you factor in the amount of water that goes to waste in production. I now only use 8-10 barrels a day. Yesterday I covered 32 homes only one of which was a 2 bed flat with 10 barrels. When I get some time I'll see if I can post some pics of the kind of houses I do.

Report PostReport post

32 in one day sounds like a lot for me. I'm hoping maybe 12-15 starting out. Some customers want me to trad the bottoms so I'll save on pure doing this. I'm doing double DI at moment but will probably get a RO after Xmas. So far so good tho. Great help and advice here

Report PostReport post

32 in one day sounds like a lot for me. I'm hoping maybe 12-15 starting out. Some customers want me to trad the bottoms so I'll save on pure doing this. I'm doing double DI at moment but will probably get a RO after Xmas. So far so good tho. Great help and advice here

You do what you can a day. You can only start thinking about speed once you have got the first cleans over and done with. Speed will come, but you need the confidence of using the system first and that takes time.

My advice is also not to let customers dictate how you will clean lower windows. Trading downstairs windows is an option for you to save water at the moment. But into the future you may find it quicker to wfp all windows. If you commit yourself now it could be more difficult to change them over.

Report PostReport post

It doesn't matter what the customer wants you to do on bottoms

You work how you want to work ..a long as their windows are clean it is irrelevant

I can do 2 average 3 bed houses easily with 25l in about 15 minutes if they were next door to each other

So that would make 20 from your 10 drums

Although when you are new to it and first cleans you will probably use a drum per house at first

Report PostReport post