Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Too many cleaners in my area

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazing what you can find if you search, and I quote from his FB page,

"FAQ Here are the five most asked questions About Window Cleaning Answered for You...
1) How long does each monthly clean take ? between 20-30 minutes but i will stay as long as it needs so it is 100% clean Everytime."

So he's telling his potential customers it could take 20 minutes and then insulting everyone that says they can do a good job in less than 30 minutes :ROFLMAO:
I wish he was near me as I’d use him
States that houses are £20 or £35 with conny
No sizes mentioned
So my big houses I would make more than that profit after paying him
I wouldn’t do a 3 bed terrace for less than £15 lol but I’m a cheap rush job cleaner

30 mins to clean a monthly House? If anyone took 30 mins to do a monthly clean with me I'd tell him to stop taking the ****. You rinsing them with a water gun ?

I wish he was near me as I’d use him
States that houses are £20 or £35 with conny
No sizes mentioned
So my big houses I would make more than that profit after paying him
I wouldn’t do a 3 bed terrace for less than £15 lol but I’m a cheap rush job cleaner
I like his quote “ if I can’t clean it nobody can “ ?????

We tried 3 an hour many years ago, that model is very risky, our cleans were ok doing it that way, but we lost a lot of customers over going too quick at 3 an hour, maybe it's the area i live in, but i know that most of the customers here get very upset if you leave before the 30 minute mark.. But then again there are a lot of customers that won't pay more than £10 for a clean, if you do cleans of less than 30 minutes... It's mostly because cleans of less time leaves bits on the glass and the cills
Sometimes when I've rinsed off glass you can see very small speckles ive worried about them before i use 4 jets on 14" at 19 flow at 55 cal its capable of 6 jet but then it loses pressure unless i ramp the pump up what i have realised it when it dries the particles aren't stuck on the windows they are perfectly clean due to fact the water has 0 minerals and doesn't stick when dried

Need to relax and work to what pace you want, everyone does can be as quick or as slow as you want both can produce good results its all about keeping on top of it and maintenance cleans are no hassle

IIf the OP ,wants to waste time scrubbing and rinsing already clean windows , then so be it. Knock yourself out !
I couldn’t care less??

If he wants to continue to earn rubbish money , whilst those around him take it in- then so be it.

If the Ops technique is so poor that it takes him half an hour to clean a semi properly, then there’s little we can do. ?

Last edited:
And how many houses did you pick up from when you canvassed the area where they all have a terrible window cleaner ?. This isn't something I'd do tbh but there's a realistic chance of it happening, I'd maybe watch what your saying about these bad window cleaners when canvassing there work as you might end up with a bit of a problem. I don't bother if someone's canceling there window cleaner to take me on, if roles were reversed and soneone took my work then thats my fault really and I wouldn't blame the other person. What I don't do is bad mouth people I've never met regardless of what the customer says about them.

Especially when you don’t know who is on here
I can think of 3 in my area off the top of my head who are on here and I bump in to regularly
And how many houses did you pick up from when you canvassed the area where they all have a terrible window cleaner ?. This isn't something I'd do tbh but there's a realistic chance of it happening, I'd maybe watch what your saying about these bad window cleaners when canvassing there work as you might end up with a bit of a problem. I don't bother if someone's canceling there window cleaner to take me on, if roles were reversed and soneone took my work then thats my fault really and I wouldn't blame the other person. What I don't do is bad mouth people I've never met regardless of what the customer says about them.

Was using the pole today, so all of it got done. 12 and a half mins a house, I'm not sure how long some take doing houses but I'd have thought that's about the standard time it would be across the board really.
Depending on the properties location etc I do around four an hour on new build estates with all houses side by side but some are larger than others so there is a bit more graft in them

Back