Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting child seat near door in van ok?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Getting a Peugeot expert. Got 3 seats in front.the middle seat is too short for kids seat. Is it OK to put the seat on side near passenger door. Will kiddy open door and fall out?

Mines next to the door, simply because all my junk goes in the middle seat for work.

Middle would be the safest seat in the van, the middle rear is the safest in a car.. i only have young un in for 10mins twice a week to take her to my mothers mind.

As for opening the door, if the van has child locks it wont be possible, ive got 4 kids, oldest is 12 and none of them has ever attempted to open a car door when driving, even if they did i think they would find it hard to do at a young age and the door would shut with the wind pressure. If they have a belt on they cant fall out anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
On my van the seat next to the door has a pull cord mechanism that makes the seat shoot up and back (a bit like Batman's car). If the kid starts kicking off just pull the cord :thumbsup:

My one year old seems to have a death wish. I guarantee if he can reach a handle he'll pull on it. Good point about the door shutting with the wind pressure but I still wouldn't risk it myself.

is that only for rear facing child seats ?
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Definitely for rear facing car seats. I wasn't 100% sure about front facing ones so I've just had a look online and there seems to be mixed opinions. The advice seems to be that if you've got no other choice than to use the front seat then make sure that the seat is as far back as possible to maximise the distance between the child and the airbag. Personally I'd avoid it if possible.

Latest Posts

Back