Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Degreaser/UBIK WARNING!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jago

Hey,

ve tried both UBIK 2000 and Screwfix degreaser and I think they are both excellent.

Just be careful not to get it in your eyes cos it stings like..... Like... Like.... A bee!

On a windy day last week when the heavens opened and dumped loads of hailstones on my head I had to cover my eyes with sunglasses from the giant hailstones and somehow it still dripped down from window above behind my glasses into my eye.

I'd sprayed a diluted amount on to brush.

So be careful with these products.

I also noticed that you need to look at people's gardens as to where the water is draining away to cos in some instances it drains off the Windows, down the walls, on to patio and trickled into people's PONDS.

This stuff doesn't mix with aquatics ie Fish. And pet fish can be expensive!

And more importantly lose you the job....

In these instances just use pure, in fact if you soak a window with pure and leave it, doesn't the natural acidity eat in to the dirt?

I think you just have to be more patient.

Any further thoughts please?

Even if chemicals are biodegradable they are still dangerous.

I've just serviced my r/o unit by replacing the prefilters.

I hadn't noticed a note on the carbon block filter before.

California Proposition 65 warnings:

Warning:
This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Caution: Protect against freezing

Caution: To prevent costly repairs or possible water damage, the sump of plastic housings must be replaced every 5 years for clear and 10 years for opaque. If the sump is older than recommended, replace immediately. Date sump for reference and indicate replacement date.

Pentair Pentek CFB-Plus20 Fiberdyne carbon block filter cartridge.

Be careful when using the screwfix no nonsense degreaser. At pH 12 it will no doubt cause serious eye damage. Im new to the forum and am just starting to begin my adventure so I have little knowledge of wfp and trad. However i am from an oven cleaning background, having worked with most types of degreasers you will find most are caustic based. You dont want this kind of stuff on your hands for too long either, it will burn your skin aswell as your eyes!

Had it in my eyes quite a bit.. not done me any harm lol

Stick some goggles on to be safe

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Scott tfr20 in my eyes last week and thsts the stronger than ubik or scrwfix stuff blady wind must get a face sheled soon ! But my eyes were a bit ichy after till I had shower when I got home fine now [emoji38]
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
tench... just as a matter of interest, what mix do you use for the Scott tfr20.

I managed to enlarge a picture of a tub of it and it said...for cold water use 1:100 mix but it doesn't say for what use... but as you are using it all the time what mix works well for you ? I am interested because, although I am currently using the Screwfix no nonsense degreaser and its fairly cheap.....if this stuff works powerfully at the ratio of 1:100, (per the sticker on the front) it will be far cheaper to buy this I think, than the Screwfix stuff.

It depends on the job but there are loads of alternatives out there

Never tried the tfr20 but i don't feel the need to either

I usually use a mix of stuff but what i use rips everything off

us northen boys use stronger stuff as bubble bath , man up and carry on , if it gets in one eye just close it and use the other its what us tfr20 boys do

tench... just as a matter of interest, what mix do you use for the Scott tfr20.I managed to enlarge a picture of a tub of it and it said...for cold water use 1:100 mix but it doesn't say for what use... but as you are using it all the time what mix works well for you ? I am interested because, although I am currently using the Screwfix no nonsense degreaser and its fairly cheap.....if this stuff works powerfully at the ratio of 1:100, (per the sticker on the front) it will be far cheaper to buy this I think, than the Screwfix stuff.
i mix it 300mill to 8 leters of water m8 so it works out cheeper than ubik or screwfix ect buy a long way i dont use sub standerd stuff any more its like the old saying (u do get what u pay ) i find that u need a good glug of ubik to get results + this tfr20 dont stain the plastic were ubik does if left on to long i also add fairy or persil in with it to help it stick

Last edited by a moderator:
i mix it 300mill to 8 leters of water m8 so it works out cheeper than ubik or screwfix ect buy a long way i dont use sub standerd stuff any more its like the old saying (u do get what u pay ) i find that u need a good glug of ubik to get results + this tfr20 dont stain the plastic were ubik does if left on to long i also add fairy or persil in with it to help it stick
Great, thanks tench;)

Be careful when using the screwfix no nonsense degreaser. At pH 12 it will no doubt cause serious eye damage. Im new to the forum and am just starting to begin my adventure so I have little knowledge of wfp and trad. However i am from an oven cleaning background, having worked with most types of degreasers you will find most are caustic based. You dont want this kind of stuff on your hands for too long either, it will burn your skin aswell as your eyes!
sodium

i would hazard a guess sodium hydroxide is in the no-nonsense degreaser,make your own thoughts on that lads,as for scotts tfr,hhhmm,ask him if he has public liabiliaty on this as a supplier,go on i dare someone to ask him for proof of this.

pureshine i was thinking of the

at last someone who understands logarithmic scales.

lots of people dont like scott and your one of them kevin also dave as he is compatision not bing funny and dont take this the rong way, but u can see were im going! i use what works and to get the best results on upvc and ive tryed most of them and tfr20 is defo the best second best is with out a dout bladeright tfr ,if i see a fish pond were soap can run in to it i just use hot water and crank it up and use no soap at all still hard work but safe for the fish, its also a good ider to check water buts before u spray any thing on the gutters as these can be riged up to top up a fish pond ,as for watering plants its not a issue ,i had a job were the guy had a pond that the water but fed it he dissconected it so i could spray it as it was minigin ,i told him to leve it dissconected till he have a down pore to flush any resdue even tho i vaced the gutters after and flushed then as there was a conny roof that also needed spraying ::):

lots of people dont like scott and your one of them kevin also dave as he is compatision not bing funny and dont take this the rong way, but u can see were im going! i use what works and to get the best results on upvc and ive tryed most of them and tfr20 is defo the best second best is with out a dout bladeright tfr ,if i see a fish pond were soap can run in to it i just use hot water and crank it up and use no soap at all still hard work but safe for the fish, its also a good ider to check water buts before u spray any thing on the gutters as these can be riged up to top up a fish pond ,as for watering plants its not a issue ,i had a job were the guy had a pond that the water but fed it he dissconected it so i could spray it as it was minigin ,i told him to leve it dissconected till he have a down pore to flush any resdue even tho i vaced the gutters after and flushed then as there was a conny roof that also needed spraying ::):
here here I am always having a pop at scott on his own page when hes out of line but ive got to say his stuff bloody works and works well !!!! hes quite miss understood over the net as ive met him in person and I tell you what he a great guy and goes out of his way to help you if he can

I am a bit restricted with what i can say as a mod on here but if i wasn't then this post would be full of swear words

I have seen how this guy tries to belittle people when you only need to look at him to see he is not the person to judge anyone

He may be a nice guy but his attitude will only succeed in him getting a slap off someone

That is all i will say but if you treat people like that you will get your comeuppance as i believe in karma

Might be nice to go say hello to him at the next show lol

I am a bit restricted with what i can say as a mod on here but if i wasn't then this post would be full of swear wordsI have seen how this guy tries to belittle people when you only need to look at him to see he is not the person to judge anyone

He may be a nice guy but his attitude will only succeed in him getting a slap off someone

That is all i will say but if you treat people like that you will get your comeuppance as i believe in karma

Might be nice to go say hello to him at the next show lol
lol dave maybe that why me and him get on because I to am a bit of a willy lololol

Latest Posts

Back