• Don't want to see this ad? Register and login to remove it.

Just wondering if you guys could have a look at my facebook page and give me some tips on anything that i could improve, im planning on getting more pictures up of me doing different services, ill be asking customers i already have to give me reviews(maybe leaflets with bills?) Any advice is appreciated :) www.facebook.com/rewindowcleaning

also how did you guys go about asking for reviews from customers you had before you had an online presence if you did that? thanks :)

Edited by Rory Edwards

Gazz    69

Get involved with facebook groups in your area and get them to leave a review on the Facebook page after you clean the house. 

Get everyone from your main/non work profile to like and share the page for you.

• Like 1

Dave B    5,766
On 6/25/2017 at 11:35, Trad-Man said:

my only advice is watch you don't get bad reviews for no reason. i got a bad review b4 twice from someone who wasn't even a customer.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you get bad reviews change your category to product/services

That removes the ability for anyone to see your reviews

Not ideal but it will hide them

A mate of mine had that problem trad man and it turned out to be a friend of a competitor

Some people are ruthless 

adamangler    1,131

i turned off reviews after a couple of idiots, unfortunately people will be quick to leave a bad review and not so quick to leave a good review. The other option is to get lots of good reviews to bury the bad ones, it actually looks more natural to have 4 and a half stars average rating rather than 100 5 star reviews, that looks a bit dodgy as no one is perfect.

Edited by adamangler

Gazz    69

Most people only tend to leave a review if they've had a bad experience. Although as of now I'm pushing to get my customers to leave reviews to help me.

I agree with @Gazz. Many people leave a review when they have a bad experience. To solve this problem you can send an email or text to your customers the same day or 1-2 days after you made the cleaning, and you will be surprised that many will actually leave a review.

As with negative ones, there are two approaches.The first one is to disable the reviews function altogether. This could be worth to consider if you're experiencing that a competitor is trying to destroy your reputation in this unethical way. Then when the situation has calmed down after a period, you could enable the reviews function. The second approach is to give a reply to those who have left negative reviews. This will give you more credibility.

Dragbag    22

i text them a "shortened" url link to  my google business page my face book page or my yell page (i have those details in my notes on my phone , so i just cut and paste it to a text then send it , i ask the customers that i have a rapport   with! 

of course they have to have a google account or facebook or yell.

get them to do it IF you see them straight after there clean, there more likely to do it.