Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

anyone wear gloves in this heat?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

only wear the gloves in the cold

yes your right  yours hands get dirty but nail brush takes the shxt off no problem

down side to gloves taking them on and off all day is not the best 

getting change out

driving

I use safety gloves that I got from my last job. Wore them for 4 years so it's weird not to have them on. Keeps my hands clean so it's fine. They ain't warm just thing gloves.

Hardly ever wear gloves unless it's really, really cold.

I find it's quite easy to get grit on gloves  - when your reeling in for example - which then gets on the poles and as a result shortens their life span. If you get grit on your hands you can usually feel it & wipe it off. I use an Extreme-22 so it's quite important I keep it as grit-free as possible.

wear them when working for same reason as trad man fingers crack open but getting better when I give them a dose of baby oil as advised by dermatologist

Wear Showa oil and water resistant, normal for summer and lined for winter. Used them for years in an old job and there excellent their washable too 

Back