Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renting a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

philb

I might be renting a bit of work - anyone got experience how it normally works? What's the going rate for rental? A percentage or monthly/yearly/one off fee?

what would happen if I lost them any customers etc?

I've rented a couple of rounds before, both 10%. Longest one for 2 years and then bought it, but it's best if it's someone you trust. As above though id get everything in writing even if you know them, in fact especially if you know them- as mixing business with personal can get difficult. I wouldn't rent my work out though as I wouldn't trust anyone to keep the round in good shape i.e. Keeping custys happy and replacing lost customers.

I paid the rent monthly on a set date, not every time they were done. Basically i paid rent on the monthly potential of the round as it's not the round owners fault if you only get round it every 6wk.

With losing customers, depends on what you've agreed on. Make sure you talk about what happens if a custy moves out or if you pick up a new one. Some will view a new custy on the street as a natural part of the organic growth of the round that you are caretaker of and hence will say it belongs to them. Whereas you will think it's got nowt to do wi them! and will say its yours, so discuss it before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back