Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much earnings per day

Legend

Just a quick question on how much you guys can make on your own per day just cleaning windows using wfp

how long is a piece of string lol you can comfortably make 100 a day if you wish or more ,if your willing to put the work in the more you earn . I know guys  and there daily intake is different  <all depends on what jobs you have how many hours you want to work >   any were from 80 quid up to 250 . I know this is a vague answer but its up to you what you can make.

I'd say the minimum I've heard a self employed wfp window cleaner working for is £20ph. I used to be on £12 - £20ph when I was trad in 2006 on poor work doing council estates in South Yorkshire. Doing better on new estates now though :1f44d:

If you do a decent long day, shouldn't have much trouble getting £150 a day in most parts of uk.

Only problem with windows is what you should be earning in theory and what you actually make can be different things..

Last edited by a moderator:
Every day is Different 

I do a school twice a year where i will make more than a lot of people do for a week in normal jobs for 1 day tradding and all ground floor work

Other days i can seem to be rushing about and achieving nothing

Daily average will fluctuate with mood, weather, annoying customer who likes to talk too much etc so better to have a weekly target and make sure you hit that

Last edited by a moderator:
Far too many variables the main one being yourself the second being your work then weather equipment etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'm starting to remember why I came off this forum for a year now,I'm not asking for exact sums I'm asking for rough guidelines on what I could or should be earning,thanks to all for the helpful comments though

Why be like that ??

I'll be honest sometimes a 2 man team can earn nothing other times £700 a day

Like I said there is too many variables it purely depends on what your doing

I'm starting to remember why I came off this forum for a year now,I'm not asking for exact sums I'm asking for rough guidelines on what I could or should be earning,thanks to all for the helpful comments though

No point spitting dummy out mate. You are asking a how long is a piece of string question. 

Imo from looking at prices up and down the country and reading what others claim to earn I would guess an average window cleaner in an average area working say 9-4 would be able to do 200 a day.  Obviously some a lot more some a lot less and due to many factors that probably wouldn't be doable day in day out 

its not just a response on this topic it seems that ever time I ask a question to give me an idea on realistic numbers or tactics for the business green seems very short answered with me which I find needless,it happened last year when I was on here more and didn't sign on it for a year,come back on for some input and get put off by the his bluntness,everyone else seems quite helpful when I ask things

I don't know anyone by face on here I'm just being honest

But questions like the one you asked can be a little annoying because there is no easy answer you'll only know what you can earn when you get out and graft.

The more you risk and give up the more the reward at the end of the tunnel.

It's taken me years and a small fortune to get to where I am and I'm not even the finished product.

Sometimes people forgot that behind this forum is some bloke on his phone that's taking up his own time to give advice.
It's not google or Wikipedia and that old saying of if you ask a silly question you get a silly answer.

Sorry if that sounded blunt but I'm just trying to be honest

It really depends on the size of your round and the amount of work you have. If you have a round where you cover 3 houses per hour at £10 each that's  £30 per hour.

X that by the amount of hours you want to work per day.

5x30=£150

8×30=£240

You can add more profit per hour with an additional man. You need to take into consideration that you might make  £240 for the day but you won't always have days where you can rattle 3 houses per hour as time spend chatting and driving add in.

You also need to take weather into consideration etc.

Some people charge  £5 glass cleans,some do frames doors and sills and charge  £10 for the same job, others charge more.

It's all what you want to make and how you structure your business.

its not just a response on this topic it seems that ever time I ask a question to give me an idea on realistic numbers or tactics for the business green seems very short answered with me which I find needless,it happened last year when I was on here more and didn't sign on it for a year,come back on for some input and get put off by the his bluntness,everyone else seems quite helpful when I ask things
The biggest problem with your question is it is to vague. What would really help is if you asked for ballpark figures for your specific area. Is it small Council houses, posh houses on large estates, a mixture of both etc. Very little benefit to you if someone in Sunderland is saying £15 an hour and someone in London saying £50 an hour

The thing is we all have competition and i daresay like me some of them are on this forum and i don't wish to disclose my earnings.. especially as i already experience some animosity from local guys who are whinging amongst each other about me taking on work which was theirs (unknowingly as i just quote if asked and that is that)

If i told them how much i earn they will have a fit

I happen to agree with Green.. yes i know he can be blunt sometimes but if you don't like his answers ignore them but it is nobodys business what i earn

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock