Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

18 with univalve or 22 without?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

gonna buy new pole in next few weeks, got a 27ft hybrid that ill still crack out for 3 storey work, but budget looks like it means I'll only be able to get a 18 with univalve or 22 without. What would you guys recommend? Also does anyone know if the water genie viper & barracuda pole sections are same size? That way I can use the end sections of my old pole as extensions for the new one.

Univalve is an investment, it’ll save you money in the long run, and might even speed you up a little bit throughout your day. If an 18 will reach all of your work day to day, go for it, no point working with extra sections if you don’t need them.

I worked with an 18 for years but when I broke my last one I decided to go for a 22. It did make some of my work easier having the extra four foot. I wouldn’t go back to an 18 now.  I think Dave B’s suggestion is a good one.  The Univalve is not that expensive considering what it will save you. 

ive been using a SLX 27 for a few years,  just got a 18 SLX, just for the lightness really, less wear and tear on the upper body.    needing a  uni valve now.     use the 18 for my normal house work, use the 27 for that extra height on some rounds, just put it in van when needed.

i agree you need a uni valve,      saves a lot of time and water, i used to use the small taps from gardiners,     get through about 2 a year,  inner teeth in the taps gradually wear away.

Uni valve is a must for me now, i couldnt go back to a flow tap.

Im going to open my 18SLX now,    rubbing hands togeather.

ive been using a SLX 27 for a few years,  just got a 18 SLX, just for the lightness really, less wear and tear on the upper body.    needing a  uni valve now.     use the 18 for my normal house work, use the 27 for that extra height on some rounds, just put it in van when needed.

i agree you need a uni valve,      saves a lot of time and water, i used to use the small taps from gardiners,     get through about 2 a year,  inner teeth in the taps gradually wear away.

Uni valve is a must for me now, i couldnt go back to a flow tap.

Im going to open my 18SLX now,    rubbing hands togeather.

You will enjoy the weight of the 18 over the 27 and will probably find that you work a little faster as a result.

I did the same as you for a number of years with an 18 and a 25, until I broke my 18 last year and replaced it with a 22. I now only use my 25 on two properties a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i opened my new slx18 only to find i ordered the wrong hose end fitting to connect  onto my reel,   had to refit a female  to a male end fitting,

ordered my uni valve. 

then all being good ,  its  good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i opened my new slx18 only to find i ordered the wrong hose end fitting to connect  onto my reel,   had to refit a female  to a male end fitting,

ordered my uni valve. 

then all being good ,  its  good to go.
just ordered an slx 18 been using 25ft for over a year and on most jobs it is more than is needed so just want to be as light as possible on my easy going maintenance clean days hopefully it'll make the winter a bit easier!

18 without a doubt, just use your 27 when needed I probably only use my slx22 approx 10 window max a week. 

Latest Posts

Back