Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft washing egg from brickwork

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dennis Taylor

Has anyone attempted to remove egg from brickwork using a Softwash solution?

I have a customer who’s house was egged by her sons ex. It’s a rendered property and the egg has been there for a couple of weeks.

Do you thing that soft washing will break the egg down sufficiently and what strength mix do you think I would need.

I don’t have any photos of the job at present.

many thanks

Dennis

I did one a few years back what I was told was egg on wall!!
Wet it all down .
Bio washing powder mixed in to bucket of water.
Dip brush in to bucket then scrubbed on to wall .
Left for 20 mins then gave it a light pressure washing.
Job done.
[emoji106]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Egg is a high fat content we have never successfully removed it without getting up a ladder and scrubbing with a brush and soapy agent , most de greasers will work including fairy liquid , it also depends how long it’s been there you can remove the material from the surface but when it’s gone mouldy and soaked into the substrate it’s a bit harder 

Egg is a high fat content we have never successfully removed it without getting up a ladder and scrubbing with a brush and soapy agent , most de greasers will work including fairy liquid , it also depends how long it’s been there you can remove the material from the surface but when it’s gone mouldy and soaked into the substrate it’s a bit harder 
It is nothing to do with fat it is the egg protein which goes hard and is a job to remove

Degreaser may soften it but it is not actually due to grease

Ideally you would need to research and find something that would break down the protein to remove it

Back