Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I seem to be having some issues with

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

AIRLOCKS grrrr.

Have a flat 600 tank but keep getting airlocks. 

No disconnection pole or reel when working, but seems when i shut the water off and then reel hose and put pole away ( still connected to hose) then get it out at the next job, pull the univalve and pump whirls away but now water.

I then neen to take 1/2 hose off of the reel or pump exit side and a few seconds later water starts flowing.

Any ideas how to stop this please its driving me mad.

Weird that you get airlocks with the univalve closed. I don't use one myself, but eliminated airlocks when I went from barrels to a proper tank and switched to tubeless.

When I had issues with airlocks I usually solved them by holding the brush below the pump when starting up, to let the air out.

Check your system for drips or air leaks, with a properly flowing system you could close the univalve and listen for hissing sounds in the various connections. 

Could be. Say you have the system under pressure with the univalve closing in one end and the pump in the other, if there is a leak in the middle where water comes out, it can just as well take air in. 

If you don't close the univalve when you shut off your pump and keep the brushhead above the pump in the van at all times, you will leave with the system not pressurised and there will only be a little air pocket in the top of the pole hose. (If I understand the physics properly, that is).

Of course the proper way about this is to fix your leak.  :1f609:

AIRLOCKS grrrr.

Have a flat 600 tank but keep getting airlocks. 

No disconnection pole or reel when working, but seems when i shut the water off and then reel hose and put pole away ( still connected to hose) then get it out at the next job, pull the univalve and pump whirls away but now water.

I then neen to take 1/2 hose off of the reel or pump exit side and a few seconds later water starts flowing.

Any ideas how to stop this please its driving me mad.
Flat tanks aren't good when it comes to airlocks as they have such a large footprint.

Even if the water level is slightly above the outlet, the path of least resistance is to suck air through the water and into the hose. Hence the reason why the van has to be parked right so the maximum amount of water is at the outlet.

Back