Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much mix to take to a job?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Hi guys,

Im still finishing off doing my homework for SoftWashing. I understand the % (I think) now. I understand what hypo is & biocide etc. I’ve ordered a couple of nozzles, gonna get another back pack soon as well. To start with I’m just gonna do my house & patio, then got a customer who’s got a small patio I’m gonna do for free.

Anyway I’m starting off just gonna mix my own Hypo with clever wash.

*The but I’m not sure about is how much you mix up for the job*

do you have a guide? I’ll be using a Gardiner back to start with, which will be 20/21L how much area would you expect to cover?? 

Many Thanks!. R

Hi guys,

Im still finishing off doing my homework for SoftWashing. I understand the % (I think) now. I understand what hypo is & biocide etc. I’ve ordered a couple of nozzles, gonna get another back pack soon as well. To start with I’m just gonna do my house & patio, then got a customer who’s got a small patio I’m gonna do for free.

Anyway I’m starting off just gonna mix my own Hypo with clever wash.

*The but I’m not sure about is how much you mix up for the job*

do you have a guide? I’ll be using a Gardiner back to start with, which will be 20/21L how much area would you expect to cover?? 

Many Thanks!. R

We mix mix it up as we use it , as for coverage it depends how you apply it are you going to spray it or put it through the brush and scrub on a low flow rate : what’s the surface you are putting it on made off , strength of mix all these thing will affect how much you use : temperature will also play a part , generaly one back pack full will treat a gable end and front of a 3 bed semi give or take a bit that’s spraying though , make sure you use the appropriate ppe and wet the area down first 

We mix mix it up as we use it , as for coverage it depends how you apply it are you going to spray it or put it through the brush and scrub on a low flow rate : what’s the surface you are putting it on made off , strength of mix all these thing will affect how much you use : temperature will also play a part , generaly one back pack full will treat a gable end and front of a 3 bed semi give or take a bit that’s spraying though , make sure you use the appropriate ppe and wet the area down first 
Thanks for the reply. Ok, I see. 

With regards to spraying on or scrubbing on, which do you do? Is one better then the other? I was planning to spray on, then scrub over afterwards I’m presuming that’ll be the same..

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I see. 

With regards to spraying on or scrubbing on, which do you do? Is one better then the other? I was planning to spray on, then scrub over afterwards I’m presuming that’ll be the same..

From experience if its green algy a spray on will usualy kill it then light rub with brush with water and rinse job done 

if it’s black or  red algy you can spray it but I have found applying hypo through the brush at minimal flow rate and scrubbing will break it down and get rid of it much better , especially on k rend 

From experience if its green algy a spray on will usualy kill it then light rub with brush with water and rinse job done 

if it’s black or  red algy you can spray it but I have found applying hypo through the brush at minimal flow rate and scrubbing will break it down and get rid of it much better , especially on k rend 
Ah ok. Thanks. I guess in the end it’s all learning on the job.

I was gonna use a old medium mixed super-lite brush to scrub, seems that the actually brush doesn’t matter too much?

Ah ok. Thanks. I guess in the end it’s all learning on the job.

I was gonna use a old medium mixed super-lite brush to scrub, seems that the actually brush doesn’t matter too much?

Its always good to give it a light scrub regardless if you don’t the dirt is still there it’s just translucent and you cannot see it then rinse , if it’s red-black algy it will take more scrubbing give it a light scrub leave it to dwell for up to 40 muinets re apply as nessasary untill it’s gone , you will soon find out how long you need to leave it or how many applications are needed it’s just about experience using it 

Afternoon,

Hope you’re all enjoying the bank holiday. Just a quick one, I’ve ordered my Hypo (14-15%) the maths is actually quite straight forward once you have a quick play around on a calculator. 1-3 (3.75ish) seems common for a dirty patio & driveway?? Unless I’m mistaken. 

Anyway next for BioWash, the Benz bio wash is pretty expensive, what other alternatives are there or do you use? And do you always offer/use bio wash after a job? Thanks again. 

Ok don’t worry, just read another forum post on Biocides. A choice then, as a opinion, do you prefer Benz or Algo clear??

We use algo clear pro as it doesnt have to be shipped from Ireland and can get it delivered next day , cannot really comment on other products as not used them but never had a problem with algo clear 

after pressure washing I offer it as a inhibited slowing down re growth some have it done some don’t : we don’t usualy just use a biocide as customers want instant results but have done a few roofs with it and got good results with it 

We use algo clear pro as it doesnt have to be shipped from Ireland and can get it delivered next day , cannot really comment on other products as not used them but never had a problem with algo clear 

after pressure washing I offer it as a inhibited slowing down re growth some have it done some don’t : we don’t usualy just use a biocide as customers want instant results but have done a few roofs with it and got good results with it 
Ok. Thanks a lot 

Back