Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Pole choice SLX 35 or SuperMax 35 3K

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RhysEvans88

Hi Guys.

I need a new 35ft’er and narrowed it down to the SLX 35 or SuperMax 35 3K.

Couldn’t find anything on here about the Gardiner Super Max 35 3K carbon poles and was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with using it.

I wanted to know the main advantages of this pole over the SLX. (E.g. Longevity, weight etc)

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I can't comment on the current S-Max series but the former series is as rigid as a scaffolding pole and if you need greater rigidity at height and you are doing 35ft work day in and out then I would go for the S-Max, Hopefully someone will be able to better advise on the current series of poles 

Hi Guys.

I need a new 35ft’er and narrowed it down to the SLX 35 or SuperMax 35 3K.

Couldn’t find anything on here about the Gardiner Super Max 35 3K carbon poles and was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with using it.

I wanted to know the main advantages of this pole over the SLX. (E.g. Longevity, weight etc)

Thanks

The SLX35 is an excellent choice - however the Super-max Series2 is a bit more rigid (about 10-15%) and is also slightly more robust.

Thanks guys for the advice just ordered the super max 35.
I’ll try and review it when I get a chance for anyone else who’s looking to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I had the slx35, good pole, but recently got the smax35,, like the pole, and its recently reduced in price by a fair amount, so good choice.

Well I don’t know if it’s me but my smax 35 isn’t quite like a scaffolding pole. Lmao.
Extended to the same size as my SLX 18 I find it not as rigid. Anyone have an explanation. I was under the impression that the smax 3k was suppose to be more rigid than the SLX series.

Well I don’t know if it’s me but my smax 35 isn’t quite like a scaffolding pole. Lmao.
Extended to the same size as my SLX 18 I find it not as rigid. Anyone have an explanation. I was under the impression that the smax 3k was suppose to be more rigid than the SLX series.

Hi Rhys

Did you extend each section to the same lengths as each of the SLX18 sections?

Hi Rhys

Did you extend each section to the same lengths as each of the SLX18 sections?

Hi Alex
Thanks for posting.
First time I tested, I had the smax 35 fully extended to 18ft through the first 2 sections and 1/2 to 3/4 on the 3rd section to obtain the same length as my smax which I found whip quiet a bit.
Then as per your message above extended sections to be identical to the SLX 18 and admittedly it is more rigid than the SLX 18
Is this the characteristics of this pole because as you imagine if I was to shorten the extension length on each section to get a similar rigidity as my SLX I will lose about 3 - 5 foot through the complete pole. Thus meaning I would have needed the next size up.

The reason I brought up this point is I believe with better rigidity I’m personally finding it easier to handle and not too taxing on the back due to not having to compensate for the whipping at the top of the pole like you get with composite poles.

Also I really appreciate you answering questions on an open forum as many product company owners wouldn’t dare. [emoji23]

Also would like to state this is not a criticism with your product as I have not had any issues with your products in the last 4 years of using Gardiners as our preferred poles.

Hi Alex
Thanks for posting.
First time I tested, I had the smax 35 fully extended to 18ft through the first 2 sections and 1/2 to 3/4 on the 3rd section to obtain the same length as my smax which I found whip quiet a bit.
Then as per your message above extended sections to be identical to the SLX 18 and admittedly it is more rigid than the SLX 18
Is this the characteristics of this pole because as you imagine if I was to shorten the extension length on each section to get a similar rigidity as my SLX I will lose about 3 - 5 foot through the complete pole. Thus meaning I would have needed the next size up.

The reason I brought up this point is I believe with better rigidity I’m personally finding it easier to handle and not too taxing on the back due to not having to compensate for the whipping at the top of the pole like you get with composite poles.

Also I really appreciate you answering questions on an open forum as many product company owners wouldn’t dare.
emoji23.png

Also would like to state this is not a criticism with your product as I have not had any issues with your products in the last 4 years of using Gardiners as our preferred poles.

We have always found that communicating via the forums has been a positive for our clients as it is another way of connecting and communicating with our clients.

It is always very difficult to compare a pole with another one twice the length. Controlling whip and rigidity at 35ft takes quite different construction characteristics compared to a pole of just 18ft. Ideally the poles should all have shorter top sections like the SLX18, but this would negatively impact on its reach ability - hence the longer top sections.

Some of our most rigid high level poles (Xtreme47 and Ultimate46) do have shorter top sections compared to the lower level sections to help improve rigidity when used at great height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding rigidity of pole when extended, i am surprised how much bend there is at times, but really its a long thin pole, so there is alot of work that goes into constructing the best rigid poles for a decent cost. 

To improve the rigidity or prevent pole whip, my idea that i dont know would work, would be to add in fishing rod style  rings or similar idea n then add in some style of wire or thin elastic/ rubber that when you extend pole, the elastic stretches at each section n then adds in support to reduce bend. Dont know if it could be added in front n back of pole. Maybe would put to much pressure on sections that they would snap, but perhaps a strengther in middle of pole would be required.

Just a thought.

Another idea, in windsurfing, when srtting up the sail in the mast, (which is carbon fibre) you pull down the sail to actually bend the mast( called downhaul)  to get the sail n mast into the proper position.  The thin rope is kept in place by a cleat, i could see if the rope n cleat is placed on the underneath of the pole this would straighten the pole? 

Back