Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook ads

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Panorama window cleaning

Anyone have any luck boosting business posts on facebook?

I have tried spending 15 dollars over 3 days (not alot at all i know) but never seem to get any bites, just a like or 2 from random people.

However, When i post on a facebook Buy and sell group for my area i always seem to get 1 or 2 people asking the annoying "how much for a...." question.

From your experience, do you need to spend a fair amount to get any bites or will it just depend on whose looking at the time?

I know alot of people rave about facebook in terms of advertising but so far I've not seen any results

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said 'For my Area' this is keeping it local. I used to advertise in my local paper when I was building fences and every week I got a few jobs to do. I am thinking of doing the same with my powerwashing business. Its the way forward when one is starting a business but you need to keep it local, FB may be to widespread and lead to surveys all over the place.

I think I will go for a month's advertising in my local paper and see how I get on, 100 pounds for a month which is not to bad.

Anyone have any luck boosting business posts on facebook?

I have tried spending 15 dollars over 3 days (not alot at all i know) but never seem to get any bites, just a like or 2 from random people.

However, When i post on a facebook Buy and sell group for my area i always seem to get 1 or 2 people asking the annoying "how much for a...." question.

From your experience, do you need to spend a fair amount to get any bites or will it just depend on whose looking at the time?

I know alot of people rave about facebook in terms of advertising but so far I've not seen any results

Earlier this year I tried both Facebook ad's and Google Ad's. The google advertising brought me two customers and cost £125 (Although I had a voucher so it only cost £25) The facebook ad was a free voucher, reached 1500 people and brought me nothing. Both are an absolute waste of time. At the rate Google brought calls in It would take between 6-12 months to pay back. Facebook simply wouldn't pay for itself!

IMO best way to get new customers is to be pro-actove & go knocking on doors. Do the first clean there & then or next day.

Anyone who thinks it is a waste of time does not know what they are doing.

Both fb ads and Google ads have a learning curve.

You cant just boost a post for a tenner and say it doesn't work.

They work and they work extremely well, but you have to put the effort in and put your hand in your pocket....

Anyone who thinks it is a waste of time does not know what they are doing.

Both fb ads and Google ads have a learning curve.

You cant just boost a post for a tenner and say it doesn't work.

They work and they work extremely well, but you have to put the effort in and put your hand in your pocket....

As always, I’m open to having my opinion changed but can you elaborate a little Adam? I’m a trained web developer so I know how to write a good advert for Google to get clicks etc, I analysed the common searches and weeded out the ones that were no good to me very quickly in order to make the ad as effective as possible. I also know that during your first ad they give you a little more bang for your buck so to speak.

With regards to Facebook adverts the exact same simple post (video) got 11k views from sharing to a for sale page, only 1k views from Facebook advertising, no comments, no clicks... wording was simple and the video was short. It was set to the right demographic.

Genuinely can’t see what I would change but happy to give it a go.

As always, I’m open to having my opinion changed but can you elaborate a little Adam? I’m a trained web developer so I know how to write a good advert for Google to get clicks etc, I analysed the common searches and weeded out the ones that were no good to me very quickly in order to make the ad as effective as possible. I also know that during your first ad they give you a little more bang for your buck so to speak.

With regards to Facebook adverts the exact same simple post (video) got 11k views from sharing to a for sale page, only 1k views from Facebook advertising, no comments, no clicks... wording was simple and the video was short. It was set to the right demographic.

Genuinely can’t see what I would change but happy to give it a go.

Not really, if you want to get good and learn anything you need to put in the effort.

I've spent hours and hours studying fb and Google Ads. I've also spent months and lots of £££ testing and running ads. All the information you need is out there on the web.

Not really, if you want to get good and learn anything you need to put in the effort.

I've spent hours and hours studying fb and Google Ads. I've also spent months and lots of £££ testing and running ads. All the information you need is out there on the web.

I completely get where you are coming from... but then on the other hand, why does one need to spend hours of their precious time studying facebook before they can feel confident to spend 50 quid on an advert and get results.... surely thats what your are paying FB to do for you? You choose a geographical area you want to reach out to and you also choose your demographic (age, gender etc)... surely any SEO type stuff on your advert would be FB's speciality?

You have to experiment with the adverts, my better half takes care of things like this as I don’t have a clue.... I’ve picked up a decent number of customers on Facebook this year with little out lay, she let the ads run for a few days and rather then letting it use all the “ad credit” she changed it if it didn’t get hits. She’s a marketer and loves stats so would be telling me the page stats everyday and I’d just be like [emoji1531] great. When she gave me the jobs on a list to go do then I realised how much it actually worked

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Targeting the right customer or area is good for free advertising but I believe one could be all over the place. Its ok for one off add ones but for window cleaning, its not for me as I want compact. My powerwashing business is a different matter, I will happily travel 30 miles for a big one or two day job. Going to advertise in my local paper again (last time was for fencing & I did well from it) and see how I get on.

Targeting the right customer or area is good for free advertising but I believe one could be all over the place. Its ok for one off add ones but for window cleaning, its not for me as I want compact. My powerwashing business is a different matter, I will happily travel 30 miles for a big one or two day job. Going to advertise in my local paper again (last time was for fencing & I did well from it) and see how I get on.

Good luck matey

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

In the end it all comes down to the time and effort one puts in to it. Doesn't cost anything to post flyers and chap doors but one needs to be determined. Once you get a customer on the estate then you may as well look for more when you are there even if its just a flyer to each neighbor.

You have brought nothing to this conversation except telling me I don't know what i'm doing... Quite surprised as a big contributor to the forum to be honest Adam. I am not the only person who feels that FB paid adverts are a waste of time I have seen some of the biggest users of the forum say the same. As I was the only post above you claiming they are no good I assume your original comment was aimed at me. I meant what I said I am genuinely open to having my opinion changed but you have basically said go and find out yourself. The whole point of a forum is for people to share ideas and help each other. If you have tried X Y and Z with good results then others can add things they have tried and everyone can get better. Recently you asked for support with a new RO system if I remember correctly? Imagine if everyone just said you have to try different things and you won't work it out without putting in some effort.... My experience was that Google provided limited results and Facebook provided nothing, in my opinion I tried strategies that were solid and cannot see what else could be done.

You have brought nothing to this conversation except telling me I don't know what i'm doing... Quite surprised as a big contributor to the forum to be honest Adam. I am not the only person who feels that FB paid adverts are a waste of time I have seen some of the biggest users of the forum say the same. As I was the only post above you claiming they are no good I assume your original comment was aimed at me. I meant what I said I am genuinely open to having my opinion changed but you have basically said go and find out yourself. The whole point of a forum is for people to share ideas and help each other. If you have tried X Y and Z with good results then others can add things they have tried and everyone can get better. Recently you asked for support with a new RO system if I remember correctly? Imagine if everyone just said you have to try different things and you won't work it out without putting in some effort.... My experience was that Google provided limited results and Facebook provided nothing, in my opinion I tried strategies that were solid and cannot see what else could be done.

I disagree I have brought you a lot of value. 

Before you thought they didn't work, now I'm telling you absolutely yes they do.

Armed with that information you can go and study online marketing.

Or you can keep on believing they don't work, its up to you. 

I don't sit around and wait for people to spoon feed me the answers, yea I posted about the R.O but I didnt sit back and wait for the answers, I googled the hell out of it and went and grabbed my tools and experimented. 

I've now sorted it btw.....

Good luck 

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted another basic post 1 hour ago on a buy and sell group on Facebook in an area i have tried yet and akready have had 7 requests for prices.... finding the buy and sell groups great on FB (if you follow the groups rules)

Panorama window cleaning said:
Posted another basic post 1 hour ago on a buy and sell group on Facebook in an area i have tried yet and akready have had 7 requests for prices.... finding the buy and sell groups great on FB (if you follow the groups rules)

*in an area i HAVENT tried yet

You won’t get ‘useful’ information about Facebook advertising from people who promote their own lead generation services - why would you as they are literally shooting themselves in the foot and would lose business if everyone got in on the act. I’ve used lead generation services which is basically targeted Facebook advertising and it didn’t work for me - not long term anyway. I’ve also had no success with Facebook as a whole, 90% of leads end up being time wasters, non payers, unreliable or have been sacked off by previous window cleaners for other reasons. I much prefer flyers, door knocking and referrals.

You won’t get ‘useful’ information about Facebook advertising from people who promote their own lead generation services - why would you as they are literally shooting themselves in the foot and would lose business if everyone got in on the act. I’ve used lead generation services which is basically targeted Facebook advertising and it didn’t work for me - not long term anyway. I’ve also had no success with Facebook as a whole, 90% of leads end up being time wasters, non payers, unreliable or have been sacked off by previous window cleaners for other reasons. I much prefer flyers, door knocking and referrals.

Yeah i agree.... I'm gettimg alot of enquiries on FB but I'm finding them all to be time wasters myself.

Earlier this year I tried both Facebook ad's and Google Ad's. The google advertising brought me two customers and cost £125 (Although I had a voucher so it only cost £25) The facebook ad was a free voucher, reached 1500 people and brought me nothing. Both are an absolute waste of time. At the rate Google brought calls in It would take between 6-12 months to pay back. Facebook simply wouldn't pay for itself!
Have you tried using different keyword match types on adwords? Broad match modifier keywords?

The ones that instead of looking like:

[window cleaner yorkshire]

Will look like this with broad match modifier:

+window +cleaner +yorkshire

Those modifier keyword types will allow you to be seen by the most people actively searching for you whilst still minimizing all the **** worthless clicks, this is done by creating a negative keywords list.

Latest Posts

Back