Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fb ads

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OnPoint

Hoping to get some tips from some tech savy people.

Anyone having much luck through paid ads? Spent around £100 on FB and got a 1 off window clean so obviously annoyed and disheartened to spend again.

Anyone else having better luck or have more sense than myself?

Cheers

Try a local booklet or council run thing. I'm only an affiliate member of Checkatrade and still getting jobs but all over the place. Looking for local now to save time on travelling. The problem with this career is that jobs create jobs. I was at a first clean yesterday and today I received a text from a neighbour across the road. They seen me working and took down number from van so tomorrow means I'm back down there again for another first clean.

Hoping to get some tips from some tech savy people.

Anyone having much luck through paid ads? Spent around £100 on FB and got a 1 off window clean so obviously annoyed and disheartened to spend again.

Anyone else having better luck or have more sense than myself?

Cheers
I do know 1 or 2 people that have done well for a limited period of time from paid ads, but generally speaking most advertisers that I know of rend to be disappointed with the return from paid ads.
You need to make the ad as targeted as possible and focused on a specitic service in a very specific location so that it narrows down to as small a group of people as possible, i.e. customers in your location looking for your specific service. You should also link it to a dedicated landing page optimised specifically to the ad, i.e. one that showcases the service and emphasises the local nature of your business - this is what I do and here is where I'm based.
Even so, it's no guarantee of success but you should be as targeted as possible with paid ads - if you want to continue with them.
But it's worth noting that a website ranking highly in search results will have a much better click through rate than adverts on FB or Google ads in search results.

Thats pretty horrific.

Ive always averaged around £5 per lead. Of course this fluctuates per campaign, some days you might get 2 leads for £20 and panic and others get 10 leads for your £20. Like anything else its a learning curve, keep experimenting and stick at it and results will come.

The more you advertise then the more enquiries you should get but doesn't arrive when you want it. The first year in any starting up business is very difficult unless you have the funding. I've been ripping out old chipboard shelves in my large hut. Replacing them with strong metal rapid shelving which will cost over a grand so after 4 years I'm still spending the profits. Hopefully after this I will be finished remodelling Lock-up and large hut.

Latest Posts

Back